Egg recipes please!

Options
jaimeteague
jaimeteague Posts: 95 Member
I have 6 gorgeous chickens who between them lay on average 5 eggs a day for me! I love poached eggs, but I'm getting bored of eating them. Does anyone have any healthy egg recipes that they can share with me please?

I should add that I'm not keen on omelettes, sorry to be awkward!

Replies

• jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs with potatoes as salad.
    Omelette - put mushroom, tomatoes, peppers
    Scrambled eggs - mix egg with milk
    Eggs stir fry with egg plant, or bitter gourd
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I love omelettes for breaky so heres how I make em

3 eggs
    1 tomato
    1 small onion
    2 green chillies
    some other veggies you feel like putting in (green peppers etc)

whip em, put a slice or 2 of cheese on em. Tada!
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    all kinds of omlets with varied incredients-veggies, ham, bacon, (feta, cheddar or swiss) cheese. Hard boiled and added to tuna salad. Scramble to make french toast. Too meny ideas to list
  • jaimeteague
    Options
    Thanks, any more anyone?
  • domnut
    domnut Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I found this recipe on Pinterest - love that website :happy: and I tried these myself, they're awesome. Here is the link to the website where I got the recipe that has the pictures and stuff - http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-korean-style-steamed-egg-gyeran-jjimrecipes-167222

Korean-Style Steamed Eggs (Gyeran Jjim)
    Serves 1-2

2 eggs
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup water, plus more for filling pot
    1/2 scallion, chopped
    1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds

Combine the eggs, salt, and 1/2 cup water in a heat-safe ceramic bowl, such as a ramekin or small ddukbaegi. Whisk until well combined and foamy.

Place the bowl in a pot. Fill the pot with hot (not boiling) water to come halfway up the sides of the bowl. Cover the pot, preferably with a clear glass lid so you can easily watch the water and eggs. Cook over low-medium heat for 12 minutes, making sure the water stays at a gentle simmer.

Sprinkle the scallions and sesame seeds on top of the eggs and continue to cook for about 3 minutes or until the eggs are set. They should be firm but jiggly.

Carefully lift the bowl from the pot and serve.

Some variations:
    • Add chopped vegetables like red bell peppers, carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, or onions to the egg and water mixture
    • Add gochugaru (red pepper) along with the scallions and sesame seeds
    • Substitute brined baby shrimp, fish sauce, or soy sauce for salt
    • Substitute stock for water
  • anniebonnie
    anniebonnie Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm making this for lunch today! http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/7573/spicy-tomato-baked-eggs It seems pretty healthy:) wanna give it a shot?
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    This is surprisingly tasty. All quantities to your own spec.
    Fry some slice courgette in olive oil until some (or all) are lightly browned, add salt pepper ( I love coriander added) and eggs. Stir in eggs and cook through. Can look sort of messy.

Make salmon or tuna patties and bind with an egg.

I think this one is called as a crustless quiche:- vegetables of your choice, (cougette, pepper, celery broccoli ) sliced or chopped into bite sized chunks. a small amount of oil can be added to the vegetables if you wish. Place in an oven proof dish. Break eggs into a bowl, add herbs, pepper and other condiments of your choice. Mix over the vegetables. Grated cheese can be sprinkled on top and bake in oven till cooked. Sausage, bacon other meats can be added before cooking if you wish.

Eggy bread. Break eggs in a bowl and mix. Add pepper etc. Get a couple of slices of bread and dip completely in the bread, both sides. Any remaining liquid can be poured over the bread once in the pan. Can be dry fired, griddled, or just plain fried in a little oil, both sides. This again is where I would then be tempted to sprinkle with salt.

Hope you enjoy
  • Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I scramble eggs in the microwave with Mexican seasoning and then add salsa and sour cream, yum!
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    High protein pancakes, or waffles. 3 egg whites, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. blend, then cook. They are also good with some cinnamon, and blueberries stirred in after it is blended.

I don't have the recipe, but German pancakes use a lot of eggs. They also use a lot of butter, so they wouldn't be very healthy.

Molten lava cake- one egg white, 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder, 1 heaping tbsp baking cocoa, dash of baking powder, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, sweetener to taste, enough water to make it the consistency of cake batter,(about 1/8 of a cup.) stir, and microwave for about 25 to 35 seconds, depending on the microwave, you want it a little runny in the middle.
  • jaimeteague
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I'm really gonna enjoy trying these!
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Only one way to eat eggs, sorry.
    Peel off the shiny foil wrapper and munch till the chocolate is gone. :laugh:
    (I hate real eggs!!)
  • jaimeteague
    Options
    (I hate real eggs!!)
    There's always one lol
  • Jolene8992
    Jolene8992 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I eat an egg white/turkey sandwhich on low cal toasted wheat bread every morning. I stir a few jalapenos in for flavor. Great easy, fast breakfast. Sundays, a huge egg white omelette with tons of fresh vegis.
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    (I hate real eggs!!)
    /quote]

LOL :laugh:
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    2 eggs
    1/4 cup baby spinach
    1/4 cup mushroom
    1/4 cup feta cheese

Whip the eggs, spinach, and mushrooms. Cook well on both sides put feta in the middle and fold over cook about 30 sec
  • robin820
    robin820 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    1 whole egg, 2 egg whites
    cook in pan with spray, then add mushrooms, cheese (fat free or 2%) and whatever else
    folder over

perfect omelette
  • saunders0000
    saunders0000 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Apple Betty

8 eggs
    1 muller light or 250g low fat yogurt
    2 tsps vanilla essence
    42g sweetner

250g cooking apple
    57g saultanas but i used fresh picked blackberrys

peel and core apple and slice then place in a flan dish scater saultanas or blackberries over the top
    wisk together all other ingrediants and pour over

cook in the oven for 30 mins at 200 degrees

i would just say its a little bit sweet so next time i will use 30/35g of sweetner
    lovely hot or cold ive tried both :-)

• LADYDEBORAH1984
    LADYDEBORAH1984 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Quiche or cakes? I have 4 female ducks and a drake so when the goins good i get loads of eggs, at the mo i'm boiling and slicing them and having them in a tortilla wrap with salad. Also scrambled egg. We sell the eggs too but only one duck 'tinkerbell' is laying at the moment so we don't get too many at the moment!
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of eating just hard boiled eggs myself. Just put a dab of mustard and a dash of pepper and I'm set.

Next for me would be a Breakfast Burrito, with either bacon or sausage and cheese.

I know you said you didn't like omelets, but this recipes is versatile enough that you can really put whatever you do like with it.
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/eggs-n-bacon-cupcake/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=egg cupcakes&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&e7=/my/recipebox/default.aspx