Can someone please help me? I'm stuck!

2»

Replies

• diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    I asked for help a few weeks ago and was told to look at this thread IT IS REALLY GOOD!
    I had my setting all wrong and was able to customise them, now I'm losing weight. I'm 5 foot 9 and the auto settings gave me 1250 calories! Now I have 1650 and I can feel the difference!

''place of a roadmap2.0''
  • rebelq
    rebelq Posts: 64 Member
    utter nonsense on the not eating enough.

first off, at 40 almost 41 im within 10 lbs of seeing my abs.

if you bother to check and verify this information for me i wont look like a kook and you get to loose weight.
    the 3500 calories equals 1lb is not correct while widely known. if you eat a double quarter pounder with cheese
    please please please pretty please anyone on here please, youll help alot of people,
    wich is a 700 calorie burger, you will gain 1lb per burger.

it takes me 6 hours sitting down fasting to drop that weight (in 6 hours sitting down i drop 1.2 lbs).

#1. weight loss 24/7 is not healthy. weight loss causes cardiac exhaustion and fatigue. this is why people die of starvation.
    Its healthy to learn to maintain your weight first and drop a little at a time. cardio should never be done to fatigue.
    yes cardio helps overweight people, loosing weight rapidly is also bad for you.

this website needs to state this: IF YOU EXPERIENCE CHRONIC FATIGUE OR DEHYDRATION SYMPTOMS STOP YOUR PROGRAM. Check yourself for excersize induced fever, eat, drink, dry off and stay dry (whipe sweat) and keep cool (air condition) until you feel healthy and your bodytemp is normal.

#2. im told on here i need to eat 1750 calories a day wich is utter nonsense. i drop weight at the rate constantly of .2 lbs
    an hour sitting down. this is equal (already tested) to 140 calories an hour burned or 16 wheat thins. if you eat 16 wheat thins you will gain .2 lbs on a digital person scale per 16. this means thier are 70 calories per .1 on a person scale.

I MAINTAIN MY WEIGHT AT 1400 CALORIES A DAY. I can weigh myself and weigh on the spot with a simple knowledge.

WHAT YOUR FOOD WEIGHS INCLUDING FLUIDS is the weight you gain during eating. this includes
    water at 1/2 lb per cup, also verifyable by weighing yourself before and after drinking a cup of water and looking
    at the difference. if you do not give yourself time through cardio or fasting after a meal to loose meal weight
    and fluid weight gained keep stacking on that weight.

i also drop in 45 min on a stationary bike at 700 calories on the meter 1lb every 45 min.

weather and activity level/duration/intensity can speed and slow your weight loss.
    people loose weight constantly wich is why we eat and drink to maintain energy levels and heartrate levels.

your best bet for overweight people is to eat and walk enough to remove meal weight and fluid weight gain
    with each meal, this is also because my beliefe is that
    your food in your stomach takes priority when being lost as it likely digests and breaksdown first.
    food is not burned during cardio in my opinion, water weight is largely lost as you will continue to
    go to the bathroom if you fast over several days.

I keep my meals under 1lb for actual weight gain and walk about 45 min or so.

Also keeping cool will help you remove dehydration symptoms and binge drinking as much of weight gain is caused
    by fluid drinking. if you want to watch yourself gain weight speedily, sit and do nothing and drink about 3 cups
    of water/fluid an hour.

advanced cardio is not recommended by me because it often causes dehydration and binge drinking and fatigue.

I hope this helps someone and someone will re-check these figures.

for eating an orange or an apple you will gain about 1.2 lbs per if you weigh yourself before and after.

low caloric foods especialy foods that add water are also incorrect in thier weight gain yeild for example
    green beans and water products like popsickles wich say 50 calories yet your actualy gaining more
    do to water weight gain.

please check these figures, please i beg someone on this site to simply verify and eat a 700 calorie double quarter pounder with cheese, youll gain 1lb per burger, wich is what the burger probably weighs. im not nuts, i promise.

a food scale will likely help give correct values of what you gain from eating, enough time after the meal through fasting or cardio needs to be given + extra in order to loose weight. I also safely incorporate a 12 hour fast by giving myself 2 hours before and after my 8 hour sleep of not eating.

loosing weight rapidly is unhealthy yes, but not if you do it properly by eating during excersize or before to increase endurance and remove fatigue and dehydratoin symptoms.

Im sorry but I almost didn't get a single word of what you just said i stuck again :P
  • rebelq
    rebelq Posts: 64 Member
    Um, no kidding. When I was on a plateau, the great MFP comm. gave me the same advice, (I mean the understandable ones), as I stick really close to my cal. goal, even going a little bit over, the weight is coming off so steadily. 1 or 2 lbs. a week doesn't seem like much, but wow, it starts adding up! I keep saying to myself, slow and steady wins the race!
    Good luck to you!!!!
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    What nightgamer's been saying makes absoutely NO sense whatsoever. I've lost around 40 pounds since I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes back in January. All I did was change up my eating habits and exercise more. I can have 155 grams of carbohydrates per day and no more than 1500 mg of sodium, since I also have high blood pressure. Besides, why would I want to eat a 700 calorie burger that's got around HALF of my allowed sodium intake? Sorry, I'm sticking to my guns and enjoying the STEAMED foods!
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Gotta be a troll...

I can't believe what I just read. Troll or not that post is utter nonsense and that is putting it mildly.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Besides eating enough, which has been suggested and I agree, how long have you been dieting? If you've been dieting for more than 3 months without taking a break, a break is in order. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/746654-diet-breaks-and-loosening-the-reigns

This is a great thread started by Steve Troutman who is a fitness and nutrition expert that addresses this a well as some of the pitfalls of Very Low Calorie Diets.
  • sadeestyle
    sadeestyle Posts: 26 Member
    Thank you everyone for the help
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member

if you bother to check and verify this information for me i wont look like a kook and you get to loose weight.
    the 3500 calories equals 1lb is not correct while widely known. if you eat a double quarter pounder with cheese
    please please please pretty please anyone on here please, youll help alot of people,

it takes me 6 hours sitting down fasting to drop that weight (in 6 hours sitting down i drop 1.2 lbs).

#1. weight loss 24/7 is not healthy. weight loss causes cardiac exhaustion and fatigue. this is why people die of starvation.
    Its healthy to learn to maintain your weight first and drop a little at a time. cardio should never be done to fatigue.

this website needs to state this: IF YOU EXPERIENCE CHRONIC FATIGUE OR DEHYDRATION SYMPTOMS STOP YOUR PROGRAM. Check yourself for excersize induced fever, eat, drink, dry off and stay dry (whipe sweat) and keep cool (air condition) until you feel healthy and your bodytemp is normal.

#2. im told on here i need to eat 1750 calories a day wich is utter nonsense. i drop weight at the rate constantly of .2 lbs
    an hour sitting down. this is equal (already tested) to 140 calories an hour burned or 16 wheat thins. if you eat 16 wheat thins you will gain .2 lbs on a digital person scale per 16. this means thier are 70 calories per .1 on a person scale.

I MAINTAIN MY WEIGHT AT 1400 CALORIES A DAY. I can weigh myself and weigh on the spot with a simple knowledge.

WHAT YOUR FOOD WEIGHS INCLUDING FLUIDS is the weight you gain during eating. this includes
    water at 1/2 lb per cup, also verifyable by weighing yourself before and after drinking a cup of water and looking
    at the difference. if you do not give yourself time through cardio or fasting after a meal to loose meal weight

i also drop in 45 min on a stationary bike at 700 calories on the meter 1lb every 45 min.

weather and activity level/duration/intensity can speed and slow your weight loss.
    people loose weight constantly wich is why we eat and drink to maintain energy levels and heartrate levels.

your best bet for overweight people is to eat and walk enough to remove meal weight and fluid weight gain
    your food in your stomach takes priority when being lost as it likely digests and breaksdown first.
    food is not burned during cardio in my opinion, water weight is largely lost as you will continue to

Also keeping cool will help you remove dehydration symptoms and binge drinking as much of weight gain is caused
    by fluid drinking. if you want to watch yourself gain weight speedily, sit and do nothing and drink about 3 cups
    of water/fluid an hour.

advanced cardio is not recommended by me because it often causes dehydration and binge drinking and fatigue.

for eating an orange or an apple you will gain about 1.2 lbs per if you weigh yourself before and after.

low caloric foods especialy foods that add water are also incorrect in thier weight gain yeild for example
    green beans and water products like popsickles wich say 50 calories yet your actualy gaining more
    do to water weight gain.

please check these figures, please i beg someone on this site to simply verify and eat a 700 calorie double quarter pounder with cheese, youll gain 1lb per burger, wich is what the burger probably weighs. im not nuts, i promise.

a food scale will likely help give correct values of what you gain from eating, enough time after the meal through fasting or cardio needs to be given + extra in order to loose weight. I also safely incorporate a 12 hour fast by giving myself 2 hours before and after my 8 hour sleep of not eating.

loosing weight rapidly is unhealthy yes, but not if you do it properly by eating during excersize or before to increase endurance and remove fatigue and dehydratoin symptoms.
    The jist of what I got out of this was all pure and utter bull**** hope no one really takes that crappy advice. Like everyone else has said up your cals and exercise harder!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member

of water/fluid an hour.

do to water weight gain.

The jist of what I got out of this was all pure and utter bull**** hope no one really takes that crappy advice. Like everyone else has said up your cals and exercise harder!

Don't feed the trolls!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member

of water/fluid an hour.

do to water weight gain.

Ignore this post, it is by someone who is clearly totally uninformed and ignorant, or who is simply trying to cause people unnecessary confusion. I have never read so much utter rot in my time on mfp before.

I eat almost a kg of food for dinner, mostly vegetables. Do I gain temporarily from the food weight? Well, doh, of course. Do I gain long term? Nope. The nutrients are extracted, and the rest goes to waste, and due to the low calorie, high water nature of the vegetables, I maintain my weight, which is exactly what I wish to do right now.
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Ignore this post, it is by someone who is clearly totally uninformed and ignorant, or who is simply trying to cause people unnecessary confusion. I have never read so much utter rot in my time on mfp before.

I eat almost a kg of food for dinner, mostly vegetables. Do I gain temporarily from the food weight? Well, doh, of course. Do I gain long term? Nope. The nutrients are extracted, and the rest goes to waste, and due to the low calorie, high water nature of the vegetables, I maintain my weight, which is exactly what I wish to do right now.

I agree. I just looked up the info on the double cheeseburger. Using McDonald's as an example, it has 440 calories, but it also has 1150 mg of sodium (which is nearly 80% of the sodium intake I'm allowed for the entire day), 23 grams of fat, and 34 grams of carbohydrates.

Like I said earlier, I'm sticking to my guns and continue what I'm doing:

1. Watch what I eat and how much I eat. (All that STEAMED seafood helped last week!)
    2. Drink AT LEAST 8 glasses of water a day. (I get at least THREE walking!)
    3. Exercise as often as I can. (Having the time off...great time to go walking in the morning, especially with the COOLER mornings in Montgomery lately!)
  • sadeestyle
    im thinking about to increase my cal intake into 1600 because im really not losing anything from the last 25 days :(
  • Couple of things could be happening.
    1) Too few calories sends your body into starvation mode and it will hoard avery available calorie.
    2) With your activity level, you are also building muscle and that is going to weigh more than the fat that you are shedding.

When I get stuck, I continue with what I know is right and look for NSV (non-scale victories). I have a tendency to concentrate on that scale number too. But, then I find that I can buy smaller clothes or the measurements have gone down. It can get frustrating sometimes, but like said before - slow and steady will win this race.

Best wishes for you.
  • aimeeworsham
    aimeeworsham Posts: 15 Member
    Make sure you take your measurements - when you dont see weight loss and you are eating right and working out its can get you down(been there...still get there). im sure you notice other things like pants fitting better, etc. but MEASURE...you will be surprised. It will help(kinda like being able to fit in a pair of jeans that were too tight). I have delt with this over the past 5 months. the scale is slow and not moving- but i can fit in clothes that i couldnt fit in...STRANGE! and as a woman it is aggravating bc we think the scale is #1. sometimes we have to get over the scale- I am going to try not to use mine for the entire month of October.... going to be HARD though.(i use it every morning now)! ha - good luck... and obviously eating our calories is another issue(*im right there with you)!
  • sadeestyle
    Thank you so much for sucha helpful suggest
  • sadeestyle
    Yeah you are right im noticing cloths fitting better but scale not moving also not losing inches
    whats the problem?