Why am I not losing weight!?

Options
I started MFP about 3 weeks ago now, and in the first week I lost about 4lbs . . . since then, I have not lost a thing! I have checked my sodium levels, of which I am eating the right amount, but still no loss. I have been exercising almost everyday, eating healthy foods, and eating back my exercise calories . . . and still the scales remain stubbornly in the same place. I started off with a projected weight loss of 2lb/week, and was eating 1200 cal/day. After 1 week of no loss, I changed this to 1.5lb/week, and started eating 1330 cal/day. After 2 weeks of no loss, i have now changed this to 1lb/week, and it says I should now be eating about 1500cal/day. Someone please tell me where I am going wrong!!!!!

Replies

• darcompagnon
    darcompagnon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I am not sure what you are you but all I can tell you is what I have been doing. I only eat my 1200 calories a day and often less and burn off about 400 calories per day doing cardio on an elliptical and jump rope, it has worked ofr me, I have lost 36 lbs 20 weeks. In the beginning I lost 27 lbs in the first 11 weeks but now its slowing down, but I am happy with what i weight which is in the 130's. Keep sticking to what your doing, try to stay under for recommended daily calories and carbs and exercise like crazy.
  • darcompagnon
    darcompagnon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your pic, you are not that big, you look small .
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    This seem to come up a lot in the forums.
    I did the same.
    But you just need to stick at it :)
  • Malozing0809
    Malozing0809 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    As your body adjusts to exercises, you tend to burn less the more you are used to the workout. Have you been changing it up from day to day?