rings

Options
I'm not a success story yet, i lost a little weight over the summer and am starting here to keep it going. the other day one of my rings fell off. does every successful person have to get their rings resized?

Replies

• Shrelana
    Shrelana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My wedding ring is getting too big...I would think that yes since your fingers store fat too...
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    LOL I don't get them sized..I go old school by wrapping yarn around them. :)
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    My first NSV was in my hands, I saw those tendon thingies move and thought, oh my god how long have they been there?!
  • YcatsFursworth
    YcatsFursworth Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I have had to wear tape on the back of mine when at a lower weight before.
  • taniaandmichael
    taniaandmichael Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'm not sure what to do about my rings. My fingers are tiny anyway, and I'm not sure how much further the rings can be cut down. If you do decide to have them sized, remember that your fingers are larger in warm weather than in cold. I guess I'll wait until this summer and have them sized then.
  • loopingcaterpillar
    Options
    i'm moving them around to bigger fingers at the moment, but i wont be able to with my wedding ring. thanks for the tape/yarn tips :P
  • Shawneb66
    Options
    I am going to get a ring guard from the jewelry store...when you have them re-sized you lose gold and value!
  • loopingcaterpillar
    Options
    I am going to get a ring guard from the jewelry store...when you have them re-sized you lose gold and value!

hehe, i only wear silver :D
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Yep, already had my engagement ring sized down once, and contemplating doing it again cuz it's sliding around and I'm scared I'll lose it!!
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I can now wear my original wedding band which hasn't fit in years. I was about 190 when I got married which is my goal. About 9 more to go.
  • beautsarah
    beautsarah Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    This makes me sooo happy because I've always hoped as I loose weight I loose weight in my fingers. I've always been self-conscious about my chubby fingers.
  • Shrelana
    Shrelana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'm not sure what to do about my rings. My fingers are tiny anyway, and I'm not sure how much further the rings can be cut down. If you do decide to have them sized, remember that your fingers are larger in warm weather than in cold. I guess I'll wait until this summer and have them sized then.

I have one free re-sizing at the jewelry store where we bought ours...so I will have to remember to wait until summer months when I go get it done! :)
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I just got mine back from the jeweler today! I had a scare last week when it fell off and I didn't realize it until we had gone out for dinner. After a scary search of the restaurant, DSW (I had been there earlier trying on shoes), my car, and home, I finally found it in the bottom of my purse! My husband said I wasn't allowed to wear it again until I got it resized!
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I'm not a success story yet, i lost a little weight over the summer and am starting here to keep it going. the other day one of my rings fell off. does every successful person have to get their rings resized?

Don't have a ring to wear, but did have to take a link out of my watch band. Hands and fingers are noticeably thinner and knobbier at the knuckles.
  • Jazzyrose77
    Jazzyrose77 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I lost weight in my hands and feet.
    Went from a 9.5 wide back down to a 9. I'll get jewelry re-sized when I reach my goal weight.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I had mine re-sized 3 times now. Problem is I have big knuckles & now I can get it on but not off. So now I cant wear my ring at all :( cause my hands swell up at times & the ring must come off when it does.
  • tania2287
    tania2287 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have taken most of my rings off now due to them getting to big. I am waiting until l have got to my goal weight then going to put them in for resizing.

If l keep putting them as l am losing the weight it would cost a lot of money in the end.

You can wear your wedding ring around your neck until you have got to your goal weight then have it resized.

Just a thought.
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options

Oh wow i never knew about ring guards. Thanks for the tip! I don't want to lose gold and value too!
  • MrsDrk
    MrsDrk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm using the plastic ring guard- I have so much more to lose, I don't want to keep resizing my wedding rings!
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    No my husband
    surprised me with new rings when I lost
    100 pounds!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!