My New Wahoo HR!

Options
I just got my Wahoo Heart Rate Monitor. It is a heart rate monitor (chest strap) that interfaces with your smartphone. It saved me a bundle of money since I didn't have to buy the wristwatch (I was glad because I can't remember the last time I wore a watch anyway!!). The Wahoo cost about $80. Some reviews say that it is next to impossible to synch the device to your smart phone. I'll admit - it wasn't easy because the instructions were not included in the box so I had to go to the Waho website and look at their FAQs. Once I followed the instructions there, it synched up right away.

I used the device with my elliptical workout. I chose a screen that displayed my heart rate, calories burned and kept track of how long my heart rate was in each zone (anaerobic, aerobic, fat burning, etc). Overall, I loved it. I listened to my Cardio Coach workout and the Wahoo app worked fine. I felt that I was provided useful information and I am looking forward to integrating it into all my workouts.

Replies

• rmf626
    Options
    That sounds great! I hope it helps you feel more confident in knowing how many calories you have actually burned! I trust mine more than estimates because I'm able to customize it based on my resting heart rate, age and weight. Good luck!