NSVs this week

Options
1. Yesterday someone finally noticed I'd lost! Not doing it for others, but hey, it sure is nice to hear it. :bigsmile:

2. Had jury duty 3 days this week, which majorly sucked (if I'm ever called again, I will lie lie lie during jury selection as the 20 (!) other people did who managed to get themselves dismissed). But, had to park on top of a parking deck each day, took the stairs back to my car each time, and was able to climb them (3-4 flights) without even losing my breath!

3. Weighed in this morning and I've arrived in ONEDERLAND!! Woohoo! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

What NSVs made your week this week?

Replies

• JohnMessmer
    Options
    I am relatively new, and some of the acronyms folks use simply elude me. What is NSV?
  • NatashaRuz
    Options
    Mine happened today. I ran for over one mile without stopping. Less than 6 weeks ago, I would have been unable to run 50 feet without feeling like I was going to die!

:)
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I am relatively new, and some of the acronyms folks use simply elude me. What is NSV?

An NSV is a 'non scale victory,' something like fitting into smaller clothes, compliments, evidence that your fitness level has increased, whatever makes you feel good other than seeing a lower number on the scale. :flowerforyou:
  • NCchar130
    Options
    Mine happened today. I ran for over one mile without stopping. Less than 6 weeks ago, I would have been unable to run 50 feet without feeling like I was going to die!

:)

Way to go, that's awesome!
  • cautwell
    cautwell Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I did 70 regular style push-ups yesterday! (7 sets of 10 :D) I sincerely thought I couldn't do more than 10, i'm so stoked!! Congrats on your NSV, they are so much better than the "numbers game" and I love reading them
  • NatashaRuz
    Options
    I did 70 regular style push-ups yesterday! (7 sets of 10 :D) I sincerely thought I couldn't do more than 10, i'm so stoked!! Congrats on your NSV, they are so much better than the "numbers game" and I love reading them

Wooot!! Awesomeness!! :)
  • NatashaRuz
    Options
    1. Yesterday someone finally noticed I'd lost! Not doing it for others, but hey, it sure is nice to hear it. :bigsmile:

2. Had jury duty 3 days this week, which majorly sucked (if I'm ever called again, I will lie lie lie during jury selection as the 20 (!) other people did who managed to get themselves dismissed). But, had to park on top of a parking deck each day, took the stairs back to my car each time, and was able to climb them (3-4 flights) without even losing my breath!

3. Weighed in this morning and I've arrived in ONEDERLAND!! Woohoo! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

What NSVs made your week this week?

Forgot to say "THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!!" :) Here's to another fab week ahead of you!
  • NCchar130
    Options

I am very impressed! I still can't do even one regular push up! Great job!
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm in the second tightest hole on my belt!
  • NCchar130
    Options

Yay, that's exciting! Great job!
  • deineira
    deineira Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing a pair size 6 jeans today that had been extremely tight the last few times I've tried them on. Today they fit and are comfortable. This is in direct opposition of what the scale is telling me about my progress.
  • NatashaRuz
    Options

Yay!!!
  • NatashaRuz
    Options
    I'm wearing a pair size 6 jeans today that had been extremely tight the last few times I've tried them on. Today they fit and are comfortable. This is in direct opposition of what the scale is telling me about my progress.

That's super exciting! Yay for you!!!

I still find it tough to believe my clothes and the mirror over the scale...but am working on it.
  • NCchar130
    Options

Very exciting! I'm thrilled that as of last week, I can actually zip up my size 14s when two months ago I couldn't even pull them up over my hips. Another week or two and I think they'll even be comfortable.
  • scottbrown78
    scottbrown78 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    A few days ago, I pulled a pair of tight shorts out and pulled them on, did my regular, suck the gut in, hold my breath and pull like crazy to get them buttoned and realized that it was all un-necessary, I actually could have used a belt.
  • NCchar130
    Options
    A few days ago, I pulled a pair of tight shorts out and pulled them on, did my regular, suck the gut in, hold my breath and pull like crazy to get them buttoned and realized that it was all un-necessary, I actually could have used a belt.

way to go! :drinker:
  • deineira
    deineira Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I still find it tough to believe my clothes and the mirror over the scale...but am working on it.
    [/quote]

I can relate to you on that front for sure. The scale is a very confusing misleading thing. It has taken me a long time to really let it go, and I'm not there yet, but I'm getting better at focusing on how my clothes fit me, as that seems pretty infallible.

Congrats to all of you on your NSVs as well. Those are the little boosts that keep us on track!
  • cautwell
    cautwell Posts: 33 Member
    Options

I am very impressed! I still can't do even one regular push up! Great job!

Thank you!! I was shocked- I didn't think it was gonna be possible... and boy is my chest soooorrre today!
  • lhypes08
    Options
    I just finished the first week of Insanity.
  • ggtojuju
    ggtojuju Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I lost a chin somewhere and part of my butt. If anyone finds them, PLEASE don't return !!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!