Best way to eat avocado?

Options
I've never eaten an avocado in my life and I recently bought one. So I was wondering what would be the best and yummiest ways to try it out?

Replies

• Morgaine_on_the_move
    Options
    well, I really like it with eggs. Scramble up some eggs, cut an avocado in half, salt it a bit, and eat together.
  • beamie2687
    beamie2687 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love to use it in place of mayo on a BLT!
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    In guacamole!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Cut it in half, remove the pit, lightly salt it, eat with spoon or fork.

Seriously legit just like that.

I used to be scared of them but now I absolutely love them.
  • Alishamarie48879
    Alishamarie48879 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    On anything!

Dice it up and put it on eggs, or in a wrap/sandwich, on tacos, in a quinoa bowl, i eat it with everything.
  • Cassie8877
    Options
    Plain with a little salt
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    sliced in a salad
  • toonces80
    toonces80 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like to use it in a lot of different ways.

With my morning eggs, cubed on salad, cubed and mixed with pasta but my favorite way is as a mayo replacement. I mash it up, add a little salt and then spread on bread/tortilla.

Thinly sliced and added to sandwiches are good too.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    They are delicious with a shake of onion salt and some pepper. :)

They are amazing in guacamole. I also use them mashed in place of mayo for chicken salad sandwich (with green onion, fresh cilantro, and lime juice - OMG - sooooo yummy!)
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    My favorite way is cubed in a bowl of black bean soup with low fat sour cream and salsa.
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    All of the above LOL!!! I love them. I will glady come help you eat yours :happy:

I dice them up and put them on and in everything - soup, salad, sandwiches, eggs, guacamole (which I don't make often due to the chips :wink: ), and scoop it straight out of the shell and devour!! (In fact I usually buy at least one extra than what i think I will need because I know I will be "taste testing" that baby along the way!!!!)
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I like them plain-avocados are just that awesome. Enjoy :).
  • jaimeteague
    jaimeteague Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    They're my favourite!
    Mashed into guacamole with coriander, in salad, I also use it mashed instead of butter, and my favourite is an avocado sandwich - toasted granary bread with slices of avo a little salt and pepper and maybe a tiny squeeze of lemon juice!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I love it on a turkey sandwich or made into guacamole.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Bumping to get some ideas as well....I have eaten them once and just peeled off the leaves and dipped them in garlic butter and suck off the bottom end. I believe that is how we did it...lol Maybe not the healthiest way to eat it but It was good though!!:happy:
  • mermegan
    Options
    On anything!

Yes! I eat them plain, with eggs, on a sandwich, in a salad, on top of burger, anything!
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I like mine mashed up and mixed with onion and garlic powder on a tuna sandwich with tomatoes, onions, and spinach.
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Best way is to give that fat-stick to someone else.

Sorry - venting - I used to be a cook waaay back in the day and made tons of guacamole...still hate the fruit.
  • Ginnyesq
    Options
    Bumping to get some ideas as well....I have eaten them once and just peeled off the leaves and dipped them in garlic butter and suck off the bottom end. I believe that is how we did it...lol Maybe not the healthiest way to eat it but It was good though!!:happy:

I think you are talking about an artichoke, not an avocado.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    It's lovely with prawns and cucumber.