Finished my first half marathon in 1:59!!

Options
Never thought I'd want to run that far, but when I got back down to my high school weight, I found running so much easier and enjoyable. In June decided what the heck, give it a go. At first I just wanted to complete. Somewhere in the training I put my "ultimate" goal at finishing under 2 hours.

Felt really good through about Mile 11. The last two were just brutal but I was not going to give up after I hit Mile 12 and still had it in my sights. I dug deep and made it by less than 42 seconds, but I did it!! Not bad for an old gal. :)

Replies

• hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Not bad for an old gal??? thats not bad for anyone! in fact, "not bad" is the wrong use of words, that is really great!!!

well done, congrats you half marathoner!!
  • AlessisMore
    AlessisMore Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You are my hero!!! That's outstanding.
  • laureltn
    laureltn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    thanks so much! Gotta get over to Fleet Feet and get my 13.1 sticker. :)
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You did it!!!!!! I haven't been home all weekend and I just saw your post. So awesome! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Wow!..... Now I an so motivated to do mine around the same time. I have till January to get ready! :happy: :happy:

ps...What's this sticker you mentioned at fleet feet?
  • gdelrosa
    gdelrosa Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    sweet! Truly inspirational
  • alycat06
    Options
    Amazing! Congrats! I recently started running, and I LOVE it. Thanks for sharing your story!
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    WTG! That wonderful news. I know you must be on 7th heaven right now.
    I am as i just did my half yesterday in 2:14. Next time i'll aim for under 2:00
  • dnish53
    dnish53 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic.
  • laureltn
    laureltn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everybody! Yes, still smiling an idiot grin and waiting for the Marathonfoto.com link to download the proof. :)

Dianna, you CAN DO IT! TRAIN HILLS, GIRL. I trained what I thought was a really challenging hilly route (ended up running most of the race with another girl who lives not far from me and trained the same. She was younger and more experienced and dusted me by a good minute in the end, I think). But if I had trained flat, I would never have had a prayer.

I REALLY left it all out there. I washoping to be just a little faster to the finish so I could to that "Chariots of Fire" run across the finish line and find my family and smile and wave. Not so much. I was trying to not hack up a lung, fall down, or both before the clock struck 2:00. Felt like a sweaty, exhausted, half crazy very "mature" Cinderella! :)

The 13.1 sticker -- ah, come on. You see them everywhere. I was afraid to buy it before Saturday for fear I would curse myself. So now I am going to go by Fleet Feet on the way back from the post office and claim mine!!!
  • srpthlgy
    Options
    That's fantastic! I'm planning to run my first half next spring and I would be thrilled to finish in under 2 hours!!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable! You are such an inspiration! Thank you for sharing. :drinker:
  • hadlam83
    hadlam83 Posts: 140
    Options
    Thats absolutley fantastic!! You are a true inspiration!!!! I have just started training for one - any tips?!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!