Looking for Oatmeal Yogurt Muffin Recipe

Options
Anyone have a good recipe for an oatmeal muffin that uses steel cut oats and greek yogurt? I would like to eat oatmeal and/or greek yogurt in the morning, but I don't have time cook or sit down and eat breakfast. So, I thought a muffin that combined the two would be good, but I can't seem to find a good recipe. Some help from the MFP community would be great! Thanks:)

Replies

• 13turtles
    13turtles Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I do not have a good muffin recipe, but I have a great muesli recipe which is essentially oatmeal soaked overnight with yogurt and some other stuff and eaten cold. I make a big batch every week and it's my husband's daily breakfast. I use rolled oats, but you could probably use steel cut oats. let me know if you want it.
  • knittinggrad
    Options
    Whole Wheat Flour, 1/8 cup
    Blueberries, frozen (unsweetened), .33 cup
    yogurt, 2 ounce
    Baking Soda, .25 tsp
    Agave, 1 tsp
    Egg white, 2
    Oats, 1/8 cup

Combine in a bowl and microwave 3-4 minutes or until done. This is my adaptation of http://smoothiegirleatstoo.blogspot.com/2010/11/moist-low-calorie-microwave-protein.html
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats:
    (adjust serving larger or smaller, im writing a smaller portion)
    1/2 cup rolled oats
    1/2 cup water
    Chia seeds
    1/4 cup yogurt
    Berries
    Shredded coconut or LSA

Place in a bowl in the order listed above, place in fridge overnight and eat in the morning, yummo! It soaks the oaks so they dont need to be zapped or cooked at all.
    You can add any healthy condiments you like, any fruit, pure maple syrup or honey.

Also you could make an oatmeal muffin and top it with some yogurt (as you would with cream) YUM!