upped my cals and feeling HUNGRY!

Options
So trying to come off of VLC i have upped my goal to 1400 to start . ALmost made it yesterday but finding I'm SUPER hungry today. I haven't even worked out in a couple of days. Is this normal?

Replies

• mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    This happen to anyone else?
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    When you eat too low calories, it can depress your appetite. Now your appetite is coming back. It should level out after a little. Just give your body some time to adjust!
  • mjj79
    Options
    When you eat too low calories, it can depress your appetite. Now your appetite is coming back. It should level out after a little. Just give your body some time to adjust!

Thanks!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I took a peek at your diary, I hope you don`t mind?

the last week you were averaging 900 cals a day, so maybe your body is wanting to play catch up and take in some more food?

I find that I get hungry or crave certain things if I don`t eat enough or eat to little of a macro.

Protein fills you up more, but you probably know that anyways!

Try to eat consistently and then you won`t fel as hungry, this is what works for me, good luck either way :-)
  • mjj79
    Options
    I took a peek at your diary, I hope you don`t mind?

the last week you were averaging 900 cals a day, so maybe your body is wanting to play catch up and take in some more food?

I find that I get hungry or crave certain things if I don`t eat enough or eat to little of a macro.

Protein fills you up more, but you probably know that anyways!

Try to eat consistently and then you won`t fel as hungry, this is what works for me, good luck either way :-)

Thanks! THats what i was hoping. As i've increased cals in past, i've put on many lbs, so i'm nervous about doing that again :)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's totally normal. Happened to me at first, too. It will settle down in a few days. It's from your metabolism amping up. It's a good sign.