YoYo Dieters?

Options
For those who dieted for years on and off and just stayed the same wieght, but now have lost a significant amount of weight (20lbs is significant to me) what made it click for you? I've never been very heavy but I'm more comfortable when I'm smaller. I'm 5'7 1/2 my heaviest I was 164lbs and at my lightest I was 142lbs (BUT WAS VERY SICK). Basically since I was about 14 I've alwasy been around 155 and have yo yo dieted basically my whole life to lose 10 lbs. When I got to 142 without dieting because I was just sick I felt so good with my body then obviously when the drs found out I was diabetic they put me on insulin and then I gained what little weight I lost. Right now I'm 153 and I'd really like to get to 140 but having dieted on and off for 6 years now 13 lbs seems like its impossible. I feel like if I can just stay motivated I CAN do it, but how do you stay motivated definalty when it's the same 10-15 lbs you've been trying to lose forever.

Replies

• tdotali
    tdotali Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm a 15 lb yoyo dieter as well...and I've just come to accept it. It is almost impossible to stay 100% perfect all the time. Life will get in the way. You cannot depend on motivation alone, because you will always lose motivation. You need to make a commitment to yourself. Know why you want to lose the weight.
    Also, Maybe try to not focus on the scale but rather the habits needed to remain healthy and fit. The scale is really not an accurate measurement of how you look or feel.
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    At 19 I gained 30 pounds and yo yoed from 130 to 150 pounds from age 20 to age 30. I then got PG and weighed 198 pounds and baby only weighed 6.11 pounds. I had a lot of weight to lose.

I have logged every day since January 31st 2012. I now 116 pounds. Logging is what really helps me from not yo-yoing. To lose it, I had to excerise and eat clean.

Now I just log. My next step is toning. I have maintained for two months now. Longest I have ever gone without gaining one pound. :)