Zumba!

Options
I have been doing Zumba fitness for about a year now and its wonderful. I do it at my local Ymca. has anyone heard of it???

Its a latin dance /aerobics class and its FUN FUN FUN!

if you are leary on trying it, TRY IT. its so worth it. and my classes are filled with all ages!

all levels.

NOW, why since i exercise doing zumba twice a week. a yoga class 1 time a week and the eliptical for 45 mins twice a week am i not losing weight? it goes to show you, my food intake is WAY WAY TOO MUCH. i am so happy i found this site. I am now logging every bit of food that enters these lips and It does help to watch what your eating.

I always had that mentality, of "hey i exercised today i deserve the food"

NOT. i lost weight last summer from exercising alone, but i think my body got smart and now i find im gaining.

I am stopping this diet insanity now. I am way too youg for this.

but anyways, this whole thread was just to see if anyone does zumba and loves it like me. hehe
Hugs
Kim:wink:

Replies

• kimd983
    kimd983 Posts: 39
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba fitness for about a year now and its wonderful. I do it at my local Ymca. has anyone heard of it???

Its a latin dance /aerobics class and its FUN FUN FUN!

if you are leary on trying it, TRY IT. its so worth it. and my classes are filled with all ages!

all levels.

NOW, why since i exercise doing zumba twice a week. a yoga class 1 time a week and the eliptical for 45 mins twice a week am i not losing weight? it goes to show you, my food intake is WAY WAY TOO MUCH. i am so happy i found this site. I am now logging every bit of food that enters these lips and It does help to watch what your eating.

I always had that mentality, of "hey i exercised today i deserve the food"

NOT. i lost weight last summer from exercising alone, but i think my body got smart and now i find im gaining.

I am stopping this diet insanity now. I am way too youg for this.

but anyways, this whole thread was just to see if anyone does zumba and loves it like me. hehe
    Hugs
    Kim:wink:
  • truedecember
    truedecember Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    OMG I love Zumba!!! It is so fun!!!! It is so motivating and such a good work-out, and I look forward to every class!!!
  • bookgirl74
    Options
    They just started Zumba at my gym, and the first class in on Thursday. I can't wait!!!!:bigsmile:
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    I Zumba once a week...yesterday we did 13 songs...and I ran that morning.....I was pooped...but I remained verticle LOL...

dd
  • PammyB3130
    PammyB3130 Posts: 203
    Options
    I have been trying to get the zumba videos for a long time. a friend of mine showed them to me years ago and I've been trying to find them ever since. I just found them online and for my next small goal reward I'm going to buy them. I don't think our local gym has a zumba class, but I'm going to look into it.

~Pam
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    omg sounds soooo fun! I want ZUMBA!

I love to dance to latin music...sometimes if I dont' feel like doing my workout tape I'll play some merengue and salsa and even reggaeton and just have a blast!

I'm going to google it now thanks!!!
    hugs,
    Ali
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    I love my Zumba class. The instructor is a nut and makes it a lot of fun. We even have a guy in the class - and he gets teased mercilessly, but he seems to love it.. :laugh:

Highly recommend... Janie
  • kimd983
    Options
    Janie, we have a guy in our class too and we just laugh becuase i don't think MEN in general have rythem! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I love my zumba. I am lucky enough to be able to catch the monday and tues and thurs night class. :) when it started, i was so sore and out of shape. I didn't know my waist could move like that. You would think it would shrink a little? LOL
  • margiem1
    margiem1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I love , Love , Love , Zumba ...I was the type of person who thought exercise was dumb., but then I joined ZUMBA and I am a latin Dancer HAHAHAH :laugh: It is so much fun !
    Hugs margie
  • Buttercup
    Options
    Found you! *grins*

I've never done Zumba, but it sounds like so much fun!
  • kimd983
    Options
    :) You girls rock! Margie, i was looking at your pic and i literally said "oh that girl looks like margie, and that other girl looks like ME"

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    what IS my problem! LOL that IS you..and that IS me! HAHAHAHA