Are hollister jeans made smaller than bongo?

Options
I used to wear bongo jeans. But now i've lost some pounds i'd really love to buy some new stuff.
And there's no Hollister store here, so I'm going to buy it on the internet.
If you can help me, thank you so much!

Replies

• Feed_the_Bears
    Feed_the_Bears Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I've never tried Holister but I used to sell jeans and I know it's not uncommon for that to happen. Even different colours of the same cut fit differently.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    They should have some kind of customer service line you can call to ask about their sizing. Especially if you are ordering online. The other option would be to check out how people rate the products online, like on Yelp or Google. Maybe eBay would be better for seeing how people like jeans.
  • Lilou18
    Lilou18 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!
    I will check it right now ;-)
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Yes, Hollister and a few others (I think Abercrombie & Fitch) use smaller sizes. Your 0 is about a 2-4, a 2-4 is about a 6*, etc.

This is coming from a husband who's had to deal with a ranting wife over the size disparity.

*6 - (The Devil Wears Prada) This is the size considered "not fat" by the fashion industry. "0 is the new 2, 4 is the new 6".
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Yes Hollister jeans run very small. I wear a 1/2 in Aeropostale jeans and a 3/4 in American Eagle, but at Hollister I wear a 5/6. I don't know why they make them like that.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm so hesitant to buy ANY clothes online...you never know how they're going to fit or look once you TRY to get them on, lol. I just look online for styles I might like and then hit the stores...more work, but better than waiting for the clothes to arrive and then having to go back to the post office to return them. :\
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    I'm so hesitant to buy ANY clothes online...you never know how they're going to fit or look once you TRY to get them on, lol. I just look online for styles I might like and then hit the stores...more work, but better than waiting for the clothes to arrive and then having to go back to the post office to return them. :\

Once you know your sizes for that particular brand they rarely fluctuate. If you're a size six at Hollister you're going to be a size six at Hollister online.
  • jenneal89
    Options
    They have a size chart online but it isn't very good. I just goes by size waist and I don't know how accurate it is because according to the chart, I'd wear 1-2 sizes bigger than I actually do there. As for the size comparison, not sure as I've never heard of the other brand but I asked a similar question a few weeks ago and the consensus was that hollister runs small
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    General rant about jeans- I wear a 6 in American Eagle skinny jeans, and a 2 in their boot cut. WTF. You'd figure that at least the jeans within a single brand would run consistent.