i lost it and i gained it all back

Options
I gained all of my weight back
I loss 20 pounds in a little over a month and decided to have a cheat day and a cheat day turned into a cheat weak and that turned into a month and a month turned into several.

I gained back all the weight I loss and an additional 4 pounds I have never been this heavy and I can no longer squeeze into my clothes any more I'm now wearing my husband gym shorts this is not only embarrassing bug also motivation to get back in and Loose this weight..... again

Replies

• FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    If it only took you a month to lose 20lbs I don't see why you can't do it again. I struggle at 1lb a week but I'm determined.

However, if you aren't motivated to give it another shot, it doesn't matter what anybody else says.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately that is not an uncommon occurrence when you cut your calories too much and lose too fast. Welcome back, time to start all over and this time take it of slower. You will be able to eat more, feel better and not be so restricted that you need to cheat so much.

If you haven't seen the roadmap then time to check it out - less is not more when it comes to long term weight loss - you need to be able to do this for the rest of your life and the roadmap can help you how to make it work. Give me a shout out if you need help crunching your numbers.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    If it only took you a month to lose 20lbs I don't see why you can't do it again. I struggle at 1lb a week but I'm determined.

However, if you aren't motivated to give it another shot, it doesn't matter what anybody else says.

Well this for sure!!

You may have tried to lose the weight in a really `let me do this fast` type of way....which is never going to work long term...

Why not take the long slow route and keep the weight off and eat stuff that you enjoy/have an alcoholic drink/enjoy your life??
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Keep logging everything as you eat it and keep your diary open so your friends can see what you are up to. Keep of the simple carbs completely if that's you poison. I would also recommend you take it easy - 4 lb a week is too much - your metabolism will really .slow down which means you will gain weight far quicker. you will also burn muscle which will slow everything down as well.

You can do this though just get your chin up and get back into it - it will take 2 or 3 months and you will be fitter than where you were before so go for it.
  • daverigg
    Options
    been there..done that. so easy to put it on. hell to get back off. your on the right track. your here!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEdFdl1I9YoTJGnVBlfc-E772c8LfV-wlITd9DRrGvBFdIBw0zrv6eOU2-
  • beautifulreason
    beautifulreason Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm motivated go do it again ....starting Monday its on.

I didn't do anything crazy last time I just cut my calories
    And worked out 30mins
    And stop eating after 8pm

I also just continued to eat food I loved but I just prepared my meals healthier
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I'm motivated go do it again ....starting Monday its on.

I didn't do anything crazy last time I just cut my calories
    And worked out 30mins
    And stop eating after 8pm

Start today. Do whatever you can do TODAY to get started.
    What was your calorie goal before? Try setting your loss to only 1 pound per week.
    30 minute workouts are good.
    Eating after _____ time is a myth. Don't restrict. It usually causes binges.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately that is not an uncommon occurrence when you cut your calories too much and lose too fast. Welcome back, time to start all over and this time take it of slower. You will be able to eat more, feel better and not be so restricted that you need to cheat so much.

If you haven't seen the roadmap then time to check it out - less is not more when it comes to long term weight loss - you need to be able to do this for the rest of your life and the roadmap can help you how to make it work. Give me a shout out if you need help crunching your numbers.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
    THIS! Don't do the same thing you did last time, unless you want to repeat the cycle. It's time to try something different! Slow and steady!
  • Suz4nne
    Options
    Hi there, I am new to mfp but not to losing then gaining it back. I am feeling really positive with this site because of the 5 week projection button at the bottom of the food logging, if I have been a bit naughty I can exercise, add
    the mins and try the projection button again. I have found that even trying helps fight back extra pounds. And keep your distance from those who are jealous.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I totally get ya, I lost 40kg then went through major stress and spent a year gaining it back. I'm now back on track. It's just a stumbling block and something to learn from. Best of luck.
  • beautifulreason
    beautifulreason Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say thank you to those of you who have left kind words and advice.

Some of you believe I loss weight to fast but it is just how my body reacted to my new life style...I wasn't starving or giving up foods I love I just started making healthier versions.

I fell of the wagon and now I'm back on it...so let's go!!

I look forward to meeting new people