1 year and going

Options
TuscanySun
TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
Well, I've been on MFP for one year now. I've lost 93 lbs so far but I've gained so much more: confidence; appreciation for me and my ability to succeed; releasing old baggage; gaining knowledge, understanding of myself, a new set of friends who have been so very important to my success.

I'm amazed at the person I'm becoming. I'm loving life and seeing possibilities for the first time ever.

I'm just more content and at the same time, more motivated to keep going and keep encouraging others to fight this fight for our health and quality of life.

Good luck on your journey, everyone. Dont ever ever give up. YOU are worth the effort you put into this life change!!

Replies

• tmperez79
    Options
    That is soooo awesome. You have really touched me. I am looking to lose about 100 lbs and knowing that you did it, really, really motivates me and encourages me to believe I can, too. Would you mind sharing any tips or suggestions on how you made it happen? I am tracking my foods and learning soo much. I am learning how many freaking calories can be in the teeniest tiniest unsatisfying piece of food. But what I struggle with is learning new recipes that are filling but low in calories, bad carbs and fat.

Anyway, even without your tips or advice, I'd like to congratulate you. What an accomplishment!
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    happy anniversery!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    today is my anniversery too!

have u lost 93lbs in 1 year???:smile:
    i've only lost 10:cry:

but i agree w/ u about the positive changes!
    i wish you the best w/ our common journey.:wink::wink:
  • TuscanySun
    Options
    Thanks so much!

You absolutely can do this. A life long change takes a while, especially learning new foods, new attitudes and new healthier ways to cook.

If your struggle is mostly with what and how to cook, I'd strongly recommend a few things. I check Prevention, Weight Watchers and Eating Well magazines out of the library and look for recipes/cooking techniques in them. I also get the magazine Healthy Cooking and love this one alot. Cooking light is also another good one.

I also love the website "sparkrecipes.com". You can go on and type in anything and come up with tons of possibilities.

I'll send you a friend request so we can chat if you'd like.

Be strong and be kind to yourself if you slip. Remember...the weight didnt come on overnight and it wont come off that way. Be patient and commit to the long haul process. You'll get there!!
  • hulagirl44
    Options
    Congratulations! I too have been going at this for a year. Lost 30lbs! I haven't always been on MFP, started with Calorie Counter, but like this site better!

You are correct as this is a life change. If you eat poorly or don't exercise one day, don't think you blew it! Just pick up the next day and continue. One thing that I found is not to deprive yourself. If I want that piece of chocolate or scoop (not bowl) of icecream, make sure I have enough calories for the day.

Keep up the good work. Now I just have to maintain this for life!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Congratulations not only on your amazing weight loss but on your new found knowledge & appreciation of yourself.:flowerforyou:
    Sounds like you have truely found the keys to success.
    Congrats again & thanks for the inspiration:heart:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You have made so many awesome changes and your spirit is inspiring to all. :flowerforyou:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Awesome job and you are getting even MORE beautiful!
  • momuv3princesses
    momuv3princesses Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations! You are a total motivation to me because I want to lose 93 lbs!!! And to see that is possible within a year is great! I just started...again... and I am very hopeful. I would like to be under 200 lbs. by my birthday in August. 43 lbs. to go!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job! I can't wait to be standing where you are in a year from now. Thanks for confirming that it is possible!
  • mncruz98
    Options
    That's amazing! Congratulations!
  • hdtoolgirl
    hdtoolgirl Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my 1 year. 25lbs my first year! I must admit to not working as hard toward the end of the year, but did not gain anything back. I'm back and ready to go! Hoping for another 15lbs. Was not hard to get started again. Congrats!
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
    Awesome job!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • abbychick
    abbychick Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You're incredible!!! Congrats!! It's so great to read such an inspiring and motivating story. You figured out the key to be successful and we all know we have it.....it's just hiding a little deeper for some.
  • TuscanySun
    Options
    Just wanted to say thank you to all for your kind words of encouragement. Some said I am an inspiration....I'm truly humbled by that and grateful too.

Be blessed and be happy today and make good healthy choices!!! You CAN do this...day by day, inch by inch.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!