PB2

Options
Does it taste just as good as regular peanut butter?

I've been buying Better N' Peanut Butter for a long time now and am really just sick of it and am thinking of getting myself some real peanut butter... or should I buy PB2?

Replies

• HealthFreak1967
    HealthFreak1967 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    IT HAS TRANS FAT IN IT DON'T BUY IT
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options

Lol
  • nicosland
    nicosland Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love pb2. I eat peanut butter daily so a lower fat/calorie option was great. It's not as creamy as real peanut butter but I still like it.
  • schustc
    schustc Posts: 428 Member
    Options

I think you're kidding - but just in case not:

Ingredients:

Roasted peanuts, sugar, salt.
    Serving size: 2 Tablespoons (12 grams)
    Servings per container: 15
    Calories: 45
    Calories from fat: 13

no trans fat..

Anyhow - as for taste - it tastes MOSTLY like natural peanut butter - without the higher fat.

I happen to love this - it makes a GREAT PB and banana sandwich. if you are expecting it to taste just like peanut butter, it won't as it has much less fat and 1/4 the calories.

I love mixing a little of the plain and the chocolate together and make a sandwich on whole wheat sandwich thins - among other things. I have it almost daily and buy the chocolate by the case:)

ENJOY!
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Isn't that crap powdered?
  • schustc
    Options
    Isn't that crap powdered?

It's basically peanut flour. with a little sugar and salt added to it. it's no different than eating dried rice or oatmeal, you just reconstitute it with water instead of the oil it initially had in it. The oil is extracted from it which is why it is so low fat. AND low calorie.

bonus? you retain the peanutty flavor.

so yes, it's powder, but by the time you add water to it, you'd NEVER know it as the consistency is EXACTLY that of natural peanut butter (without the oil).

as I said, I buy it by the case, and have containers of both kinds at my desk at work and at home. I have it for breakfast, for snacks, i've had it in protein shakes - I've used it a little thinner as a dip - it's awesome stuff.
  • knittinggrad
    Options
    I find it sweeter than peanut butter (then again, I usually only eat natural nut butters with no sugar added, so that might be why it's so sweet.) It's good for some things--like made as a dip for apples--but otherwise I'd rather have a smaller portion of real peanut or almond butter. I find it interchangeable with Better 'n Peanut Butter, so if you have one I don't really see the need to get the other.
  • schustc
    Options
    Odd, I can't eat better n peanut butter because I find it sickeningly sweet. I threw the whole jar away when I bought the pb2. I think there is a big difference, but everyone is different
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    http://www.bettylousinc.com/products_detail.php?id=287&ref=0

This stuff tastes 100 times better than PB2
  • Molly182
    Options
    I love PB2. Not exactly like regular peanut butter, but worth it, and still very yummy