finally able to run again

Options
Hi all! I've been lurking on MFP for a while, figure it's time for me to join. :)

I started C25K at the beginning of this year, and then one week before running my first 5K (The Color Run) my kneecap dislocated. Fun times. I've been through a couple of months of PT and today, with my PT's blessing, I joined a gym and did a half hour on the elliptical. It made me pretty amazingly happy to get sweaty again. We're hoping I can run again in a couple of weeks.

So, that's my story, hello, I look forward to meeting you all!

Replies

• abfab_sweetie
    Options
    Good luck to you! There is nothing worse than being injured. Though, when recovered, it does make you appreciate how lucky we are to be able to run!
  • RunXstrong
    Options
    It is great to be back and getting those runs in! When I couldn't run because of surgery, the doctor said I could climb stairs and walk but "NO RUNNING". I asked him if I would walk for hours and climb stairs as much as I want, and he said yes but that I wouldn't want to. That was all the permission I needed - I was immediately using stairmasters and walking, getting some good workouts in. But even then, I was sooo glad to get back to running. Nothing is like it for me.
  • zeppelinkd
    zeppelinkd Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I can relate! I went through a similar story with my right foot. I still can't run, but I can ride a bike, do the rowing machine, and a few other cardio things. The first time I was able to break a sweat after I injured my foot I felt so good. Such a good feeling!