Mini Successes...Whats yours?

Options

Replies

• thatdude3
    Options
    Last year at this time the waist on my jeans were 54 and tight at that, I just bought my first pair of 36 waist and they seem a little loose.
  • ChunkieNuts
    ChunkieNuts Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Last night i ran for the longest i hvae so far...1 hour and 20 mins, 8 miles...very,very happy :-)
    6 months ago, 5 minutes was a challenge!!
    yayyy :-)
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm learning to do this on my own. Just went on holiday for 2 weeks and didn't gain a single pound! :D
  • eatrainsmile
    eatrainsmile Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Found my abs again. First four at least.
    I can control my food intake. I can decide how many calories to consume for the day. Not my emotions.
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Wearing last years fall shirts this year without a muffin top :)
  • Chelle175
    Chelle175 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's a mini success...it didn't feel like it to me; but being the lowest weight I have ever been in my entire adult life was a day of celebration for me.

Not done yet.....but every time I get down I remember that
  • kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    A women at work stopped at my office door & said, "I look at you and can't believe you are the same person."
  • yksdoris
    yksdoris Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    so sweet stories :) Mine: the astonishment of putting on my belt (because the jeans are too loose but I don't want to buy new ones until I'm at goal... soooo close now) and realizing that I should probably get an extra hole punched in the belt... When I bought it, I always used the first hole :D

Looking in the mirror at my back. My goodness, I have a lovely back, no more fat-wings! And, when I flex, I can see the muscles on the back! so awesome!
  • squirmmonster
    squirmmonster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Last week, I was retaining 7 lbs of water, from starting a new, VERY hard workout, which looked like a five pound gain. (Seriously) Even with all the intense cardio I've done, and sporadic strength training, never did I have a problem dropping weight. I freaked out for a few hours, but I calmed myself down. Reassured me that I would still lose weight if I kept working, and then carried on. Even did my workout that same day. That was one small victory, just not giving up at a perceived setback. It paid off, because the water all came off during the weekend, where my only workouts are leisurely walking. So I'd ultimately lost two lbs from where I began that week.

Victory 2: My boyfriend looks at me a couple of days ago, in a way he usually doesn't, after he's hugged me after coming home from work. I ask him what he was looking at so hard, and says, "I can see the sides of your face sorta, going in." LOL, however awkward my sweetie may be, that's a huge compliment. He's pretty bad ADHD, so he often overlooks small changes. I lost 25 lbs, and he didn't notice that. I guess I don't blame him for not looking at my abdomen, as big as it is, but anyway... when my face changes, he noticed! That's really nice.

Victory 3: Going subtly after that incident to peer in the bathroom mirror, and realizing my double chin is gone, and my jawline ACTUALLY EXISTS now.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Now I have gone up by one belt buckle! And I can have my wallet in my back pocket, while having my phone and car keys in my front! - Which is a great feeling!
    mine is the opposite,
    I can't put phone/ keys/ purse in my pockets anymore.
    If i do my trousers fall down
    I managed to pull my jeans over the hips without undoing the zip/ buttons.
    think it might be time to go shopping.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Recently going in to buy clothes and finding out I am a large. I am down from a XXX large. So I bought a medium shirt, that can just barely fit into it. I call it my goal shirt. I have not been a medium since 1975.
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I fit a pair of size 40 (US 10) trousers again, and they're a bit on the loose side!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Been a full year since my last suicide attempt :)
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Fitting back into my Large tshirts. I've been wearing xl for a while, now the larges finally look good on me again.
  • MrsWonderland
    MrsWonderland Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love this, all your mini successes. Your all doing great and are going to have many more, I am so happy for each and every one of you. Even mini successes are inspiring. I cant wait to read more.

I have lost 5lbs. I cant wait for the next 5lbs. Im very happy with that, 1lbs here and there make me happy too. The other day I noticed my thighs wasnt rubbing together like before. My husband always tells me I'm doing great and looking good, I think he just knows what to say to make me feel good, but when my 13yr old told me I was disappearing and that she was proud of me that was awesome. And they are actually taking pictures of me.
  • donnabayliss76
    donnabayliss76 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i went for a run for the first time in bout 6years and i ran 7 miles. im a little sore though lol xxx
  • guamSUPERgirl
    Options
    NO MORE CRUMB-Y Shirts! Lol.

I used to catch crumbs/ dropped food on my belly as if I was still pregnant! Since I kinda lost the belly, I'm able to have stain-free shirts for a while now :D
  • Khymera
    Options
    Seven weeks ago, I had a pair of tight jeans and a pair of comfortable jeans. As of this weekend, my tight jeans were comfortable and my comfortable jeans were baggy, and I no longer have to "suck in" to fasten my pants.

Also, I had a fitness assessment last night:
    * I've lost 4 inches
    * My blood pressure is down
    * My lower body strength went from average to good
    * My upper body strength went from good to excellent
    * My flexibility has increased (not really; I can just reach farther because there's less stomach in the way).

All of that more than makes up for the fact that the scale didn't budge last week. :happy:
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    My elbows are getting really pointy. They keep poking me whenever I rest them on my knee (the thinker pose). That and my wedding ring doesn't fit anymore, however my promise ring back from high school fits. I think it's a good trade.
  • daMutz
    daMutz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yeah for everyone!!

Today.... I put on a pair of old jeans :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!