funny (tail)bone!!!

Options
hey, so i dont know if im coo coo or what, but since i lost weight i can really feel my tailbone-of all things, i know. when i first started running it was really sore and felt bruised almost. i came acorss some info online that said it might be due to having a fused tailbone or elongated tail bone. well, it does feel strangely long and maybe even larger than the average tail bone. it clicks now while im doing mountain climbers or even high knees, or other simular movements. i slowed down on the cycling and running and it doesnt hurt anymore, but still this clicking (more like clunking). anyone else have a problem with this?

Replies

• MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    guess im the only one! lol
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Helllllooooo?!!
  • MissPatty584
    MissPatty584 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I haven't done any research about it but.. omg yes. I am having a tailbone issue now! Also.. maybe tmi.. my husband noticed it... and commented on it..
  • MissPatty584
    MissPatty584 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I had an issue working out with it the other night. And positions that require you to lean back and stuff kill me.. like the russian twists or w/e they're called
  • suckerlove
    Options
    *cuckoo
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Poor thing! I would Google it.
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    Options
    or just go to a doctor.
  • bemott
    bemott Posts: 180
    Options
    I don't have any clicking or anything, but basically I have severe pain from sitting now. I had to buy a special donut pillow that I think is for people recovering from hemmoroid surgery! I keep thinking my body will get used to not having all the cushioning but so far still have a pain in my a**, everytime I sit. Well really, I notice it most when I try to get up. Weird.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I can feel mine too. In fact, I can't sit on chairs w/o cushions on any hard surface for long w/o it bothering me.
  • cr8zyamy
    cr8zyamy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Tailbone, who knew. Over a year since I had a rolling chair mishap (chair scooted back when I was going to sit on it) I can not sit a bike for more than ten minutes. Holy crow did that hurt at the time and still it lets me know when I need to change positions when sitting. As to your particular concern, I would bring it to my doctor's attention if for no other reason than to make sure that you do not have any fractures because yes you can break the darn thing. Good luck to you.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Omg! I just spent the last hour researching tailbone pain. I broke mine several years ago and since I've lost 40lbs, I'm assuming I have less padding too and that's why it's so sore. I too, bike a lot and have slowed down because of the pain. I was going to have some steroid shots in it but haven't had a chance yet. I had an mri and was told that when I broke it, it healed backwards. It is huge, like the size of a golf ball and it SUCKS. I went to the pain clinic and they had me buy a gel pad that is actually used in wheelchairs for people who have to sit in them 24/7. I use it at home when I watch tv, use my laptop and in my car and it helps some. None of the donut cushions or any other padding worked at all. Pain meds don't help either. All that really does help, is to lie on my side until the pain lets up. Now, I have this horrible popping when I stand up. I have no idea what's going on. It wasn't that way just last week. As time goes on the pain is getting worse when it pops. I guess I'll call the pain clinic and get that shot scheduled. Ugh. I just dontttt even want to think about getting a shot in my *kitten* but I can't keep living this way. If I get relief, I'll let you know. I hope you get relief soon. Try the gel cushion, it's about 50 bucks at a pharmacy and kind of a pain to put in the car, but totally worth it. Good luck!
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I don't feel the tailbone but the two bones under my butt on each side kinda like the upper bone to my leg/hip joint and it happens only when I run :-P