HRM recommendation

Options
I would like a heart rate monitor that is easy to use and that gives me calories burned.
Can anyone recommend one?

I bought one and not only does it not work (or maybe I am too stupid to figure it out), but it doesn't have a calorie readout. Does such a HRM exist?

Replies

• Crosbinium
    Crosbinium Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Try the Polar FT4. It has cals burned and is very easy to use and comfortable to wear.

Check out this review from another user
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/740233-polar-ft4-heart-rate-monitor-a-review?hl=Polar+FT4
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for that. Extremely helpful.
  • scrapfrfun
    Options
    I also have a Polar but it is an older model.....I happened to be looking at the body bugs at Costco and ended up talking to a lady about them, she offered me her Polar HRM as she was buying the body bug. She went out to her car and brought it back in, all I had to do was get new batteries. Talk about luck!
  • jamface11
    Options
    I've been looking into the sigma branded HRM,as they are about $80-100 cheaper in NZ. Any opinions on this brand? Looking at the models from PC9-15
  • JenniferEM2012
    JenniferEM2012 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    i also bought that polar and I love it. I use it for all my workouts.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    For the last 5 months I've been using a Bowflex HRM that I bought on sale at Big 5 sporting goods. It was simple and reliable, but just because I'm a gadget head, I upgraded to a Polar FT7 last week, which I like even better. The strap is more comfortable, the watch is easier to read and Polar is supposedly the industry leader as far as accuracy goes. The FT4 would probably work fine for your needs if you just want simple and the ability to count calories expended, and it's a few bucks cheaper than the FT7.
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT60 but I believe the FT4 is a great one to start with x