Is it cheating ??

Options
Is it cheating to eat skinny cow? And still be under calories for the day?

Replies

• Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Why would it be cheating? What are your goals?
  • tonightokayalright
    Options
    Nope. I like to treat myself to things like frozen yogurt, you just have to remember to account for the calories and not go over your goal by too much.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    No.
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I'm used to being on Atkins, so it feels like cheating! I will be under a little on calories if I eat it which I plan on it! Thanks
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    nothing is cheating if it fits into your goals, ENJOY
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think you set yourself up for long-term failure (yo-yo dieting, binging, etc.) if you have forbidden foods. If your goal is health and long term weight control, then make sure you get enough nutrition. As long as it fits your overall goals, you can eat anything you like, just in moderation.

And if it were cheating, consider what you mean by that term. Breaking the rules of some arbitrary "diet"? Cheating yourself from having a healthy, happy life?

Or not cheating, but eating something you like occasionally as part of enjoying your life.
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    nothing is cheating if it fits into your goals

This.
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options

^this! :flowerforyou:
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    If you can eat it and remain within your goal, it is absolutely not cheating. Eat it and enjoy! :wink:
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Hope not - am eating one right now! :laugh:
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    nope, not in my eyes!!! :)
  • 1BRIGHTCHICK
    1BRIGHTCHICK Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with Robin_Bin!! Don't deprive yourself of anything anymore! If you want it, eat it in moderation at a reasonable portion. Adopt a lifestyle, not a diet.
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    I say anything in moderation
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Nothing is cheating if it's under your goal. Calories in, calories out.
  • elizabethis
    elizabethis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I love the mint ones - ate one today, in fact. I think it's a nice option for ice cream lovers, since the portion control is sort of already built in (unless you eat more than one). I don't buy them every week or eat them every day, but it's a treat and that is good enough for me!
  • FieryVixsin
    FieryVixsin Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It better not be or I'm "cheating" most days.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,058 Member
    Options
    I'm used to being on Atkins, so it feels like cheating! I will be under a little on calories if I eat it which I plan on it! Thanks

I'm not a huge believer in Atkins, only because not many can stick to it. BUT. It does keep you from falling back on the old habits that cause most of us to gain weight, and that is having sugary or high-carb snacks, and living off breads, cereals, crackers, and other sugary things. It's too easy to not get in your protein and not eat your vegetables when you eat lots of carbs.

If you can have a treat once a day, that's one thing. Just guard against eating nothing but breads, cereals, fruit, and sugary treats. You really need your protein, fats, and vegetables.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Under is not cheating. Skinny Cow treats are fine if that wasn't like all you ate for the day.
  • marthadztx
    marthadztx Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    No..as long as your at ur calorie goal. :)
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    this for sure. i usually have something daily most people would consider cheating. like four mini cupcakes today lol