Making good progress

Options
At 50 years of age and in good health overall with no problems in sugar, blood pressure or cholesterol I decided about mid August to bring my weight under control and to not presume in my good fortune, although obese.. At 175cm my weight was 101.6kg, the ideal max being 77kg. I have reached 93kg after about 6 weeks, good progress. I am achieving this through watching calorie intake and exercising every single day with at least 40 minutes walking. On weekends I have longer walks and a bike ride on Sunday mornings.

My first goal is to get to 90kg by the end of the year and then look at introducing gym work to help with toning. One more kg and I will be out of the obese category, just over weight. I did get down to 94kg several years ago by upping my exercise, but I did not watch what I was eating.

The Myfitnesspal app on my iPad has made a huge difference in my ability to track my energy intake and at the same time educate myself about food choices. I'm just hoping I don't get a plateau problem in the coming weeks. I'm really keen that what I'm doing is a lifestyle change otherwise any weight loss will not be maintained. I may also look at purchasing the fitbit device to record my walking activities.

Replies