Changing goals

Options
Has anyone changed goals after being on here for a while?

I started here on this site at the beginning of Feb . But I really started trying to lose weight and tone up back in December. My weight back then was 220. I'm currently at 207 but made it as low as 203 just a week or 2 ago.

The funny thing about this is, that when I started back in Dec. I wasn't counting calories and I dropped about 12 lbs just on weight lifting and shooting basketballs and tennis.
Now that I'm counting calories, weight loss has become stagnant except for the immediate 5 lbs I lost when I started counting calories at the beginning of Feb and then gained 4lbs back as of today.

This is not all bad. I'm feeling good and healthy. For the most part I enjoy weight training and running on the treadmill and I have a recumbent bike coming this week to help diversify a bit. I would really want to try and reach the 170 lb mark, but I wonder sometimes if that's really reasonable or reachable even.

I'm eating my calories assigned to me on this site on a regular basis. I sometimes have a few left over anywhere from 100 to 300, but those are due to excersise mainly and I just can't eat those at the end of the day. I've seen and read the ongoing threads regarding this about eating all your calories, but I'm just not starving and I can't force the food down. So in light of this, what do you all recommend to lose more weight?

Replies

• jvball21
    jvball21 Posts: 33
    Options
    Has anyone changed goals after being on here for a while?

I started here on this site at the beginning of Feb . But I really started trying to lose weight and tone up back in December. My weight back then was 220. I'm currently at 207 but made it as low as 203 just a week or 2 ago.

The funny thing about this is, that when I started back in Dec. I wasn't counting calories and I dropped about 12 lbs just on weight lifting and shooting basketballs and tennis.
    Now that I'm counting calories, weight loss has become stagnant except for the immediate 5 lbs I lost when I started counting calories at the beginning of Feb and then gained 4lbs back as of today.

This is not all bad. I'm feeling good and healthy. For the most part I enjoy weight training and running on the treadmill and I have a recumbent bike coming this week to help diversify a bit. I would really want to try and reach the 170 lb mark, but I wonder sometimes if that's really reasonable or reachable even.

I'm eating my calories assigned to me on this site on a regular basis. I sometimes have a few left over anywhere from 100 to 300, but those are due to excersise mainly and I just can't eat those at the end of the day. I've seen and read the ongoing threads regarding this about eating all your calories, but I'm just not starving and I can't force the food down. So in light of this, what do you all recommend to lose more weight?
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Yep- I changed my goal- I originally was set for losing 2 lbs per week, eating 1200 calories, not losing a freakin' thing, except my mind:noway:
    I read on here over and over about not eating enough ( I was also excercising) and so I changed my goal to 1 lb per week, which bumped my cals up t o1680...whoa. Some days I eat every single one and the excercise calories too...other days I just dont eat them. My losses picked up again, so I think that's the key.
    Maybe with your workouts your not eating enough?
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    p.s. I think this program, like with most 'diets'/programs, whatever- it does take some adjusting here and there. Most people have to tweak it enough to see what works for them.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I would agree with Gooch - you probably aren't eating enough. Maybe try to up the calories a little.