Seriously need recipe help

Options
I need some new recipes as the ones i have atm are getting utterly dull. I have a very strict do/don't diet set by my dietician. Any help would be appreciated.

This is what i'm allowed:

Wheat free pasta
Brown rice
Carrots
Fish (no shelfish)
Bananas
Dried fruit
Wheat free pitta breads
Peas
Cabbage
Porriage oats
Nuts (in small ammounts)
Sproats
Brocolli
Lettuce
Dairy free milk/Cheese/Ice cream
Spinach
Melon
Chicken
Red meat (small ammounts)
Peppers
Onion

Thats pretty much it. No citrus fruit, no veg/fruit with small seeds, no potato or potato starch....the list goes on.

Atm the diet isn't great as i'm running out of food so having to eat things i normally wouldn't till Monday when i get paid.

Replies

• jensfitpal2012
    jensfitpal2012 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    How about marinating chicken in olive oil,garlic and herbs,then saute up some cabbage with some onions and add some dried fruit,maybe some cranberries.Are you allowed any pasta sauces? If you are,I bake my marinated herb chicken,no breading,in the oven,top with a little sauce and parmesan,that"s good with or without the pasta.A salad with grilled chicken,or fish and dried fruits/veg.you can have w/ a balsamic vinegar and oil homemade dressing.I will see if I can think of anything else,the cabbage is good,I do one with cranberries and apples,you can omit the apples.Good luck:)
  • jensfitpal2012
    jensfitpal2012 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I had to stop having lactose,so replaced the parmesan cheese with goat cheese,just as yummy. In my oats I put fresh fruit,or dried cranberries. You could do a stir fry with your brown rice,chicken and the peppers,onions,sprouts and peas,add some garlic and herbs,chicken stock. Hope these help a little.Best of luck:)
  • crystalbluewolf13
    crystalbluewolf13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    you can get dairy free parmasan from most free from sections now, its quite nice
  • crystalbluewolf13
    Options
    thanks for the recipes they sound yummy =) may have to give them a try
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about the restrictiveness of this food plan. What is the reason for the limitation to only a few different fruits and veggies?
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    What fats are you capable of taking in?

Believe it or not, this list actually has tons of ideas coming to my mind if you consider different country's cuisines...

Also - are you 'open' for herbs and spices?
  • crystalbluewolf13
    Options
    I'm curious about the restrictiveness of this food plan. What is the reason for the limitation to only a few different fruits and veggies?

I did a elimination diet with a dietician and the don't foods were what i have trouble with. My body just can't tollerate them and i either get really sick and throw up, have dreadful upset stomachs, or pain so severe its put me in A&E a few times. Citrus fruits are the worst not only do they give me awful cramps and stomach issues my mouth fills with ulcers within a day and my tongue feels like i've licked sand paper, its horrid! Egg also makes hubby throw up just by the smell of it cooking so don't use them anyway, have egg replacing powder instead for baking.

It is an odd diet but i have quite bad IBS, and various health issues which seem ti be affrcted by different foods

I did have a relapse on my diet week before this one, and now i'm really sluggish, and have been throwing up for 3 days on and off and having awful stomach cramps and flares. So its also just not worth it.
  • crystalbluewolf13
    Options
    What fats are you capable of taking in?

Believe it or not, this list actually has tons of ideas coming to my mind if you consider different country's cuisines...

Also - are you 'open' for herbs and spices?

Fats as far as i know i'm fine with, i do cut it off meat though, and my butter and oil are all low fat veg ones or olive. As for herbs and spices i love them. I have a rotary spice rack filled with all sorts =)
  • cramernh
    Options
    Wheat free pasta, Brown rice, Carrots, Fish (no shelfish), Bananas, Dried fruit, Wheat free pitta breads, Peas, Cabbage, Porriage oats, Nuts (in small ammounts), Sproats, Brocolli, Lettuce, Dairy free milk/Cheese/Ice cream, Spinach, Melon, Chicken, Red meat (small ammounts), Peppers, Onion

Well, I can see Euro, Asian, Indian, even French dishes that you could easily do.

There is a wheat-free soy sauce called "Tamari"... its REALLY good... Take your wheat free noodles, season with fresh gahhhhhlic, star-anise, fresh ginger and tamari... sautee your onions, peppers and broccoli in that same list. Chicken, pork or beef with gahhhlic and ginger, scallions.. Instead of noodles, you can use the brown rice and make stir-fried rice too!

The Vietnamese have an AMAZING salad of shredded cabbage, carrots, onion, finely chopped peanut on top in a wonderful sweet dressing, fresh mint leaves complement it well!

PHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can enjoy Pho! Vietnamese soup using the wheat-free noodles, fresh chicken stock, use any vegetable you like, fresh chicken, fresh thai basil leaves, mung beans... OHHHH its so good!!!

If you can eat peas, then I imagine you can eat Lentils... Lentils provide a VERY high fiber and tons of nutrients. There is an indian soup called "Daal" or "Dahl"... a variety of spices, onion, and plenty of lentils. I like to bulk it up with spinach and other vegetables. Its a rich filling soup...

There are some Caribbean dishes that incorporate the dried fruits, bananas, pork or chicken, a variety of spices.. even grabbing a little jerk-seasoning mix will do as well.

You are definitely not limited... just gotta think outside the box!!!
  • cramernh
    Options
    Dont get rid of all of the fat from meats.. .fat in its natural form is good for you...
  • Chelle175
    Chelle175 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You didn't mention oils...but if you're allowed, you've got the makings for some really great stir-frys....and don't forget currys either
  • girlnamedlee
    girlnamedlee Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Allrecipes.com has a search filter that allows you to pick up to 4 ingredients to "include" & another 4 to "exclude." I know this isn't a specific suggestion but it's come in handy for me several times where I have certain foods on hand & can't think of anything to do with them. Since their database is always being updated & your dietary restrictions aren't short term, this might be something to remember.
  • sheribrasington
    Options
    My sister in law is from Korean and I tried to modify her recipe. You saute garlic in olive oil then add chicken or beef and saute until done then add a handful or sliced onions, bell peppers red or green I then add either beef broth, beefy mushroom soup or oyster sauce then let simmer until the veggies are done, right before it is done you CAN add broccolli, it is also good serve over brown rice.

I also fix this and the kids even eat it. I steam my broccolli then drain, I mix one can low sodium cream of mushroom and half of the soup can of milk, (which ever you are allowed) if you can't have it I am sure it would be fine without the milk, I mix the mixture with the broccolli and pour in a casserole dish I sprinkle mild cheddar cheese on the top then I add crushed French's fried onions on the top I put in the oven just long enough for the cheese to start to bubble.

Have you tried scrambling eggs alsong with cooked sausage, bacon, or ham with cheese then add to sprayed muffin tins. they are good to put in the frig and take out a few for breakfast.

And, there is always soup made with fresh vegetables minus the potatoes and a lot of cabbage, I always lose when I eat soup a lot for the week.

Good Luck, If you find any yummy recipes from this post send me a few. Happy weight loss journey!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Allrecipes.com has a search filter that allows you to pick up to 4 ingredients to "include" & another 4 to "exclude." I know this isn't a specific suggestion but it's come in handy for me several times where I have certain foods on hand & can't think of anything to do with them. Since their database is always being updated & your dietary restrictions aren't short term, this might be something to remember.
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    livestrong.com
    skinnyms.com
    hungrygirl.com

i love these websites.. and you can trade stuff out for stuff you can have..
    good luck!
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    A few things I see-not sure about dressings and such you can use, but...
    I make an asian wrap out of broccoli slaw-has broccoli and carrots usually. Sautee that in peanut, sesame or any oil you can use. Add chicken since you can have it. put it in a tortilla(or the pita bread would work) and top with an asian dressing-sesame ginger or the like.

fajitas-add taco seasoning(salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder) to the chicken. Put it on the grill or cook it in a pan. Include sliced onion and peppers you've grilled as well. Top with sour cream, avocado if you are allowed(they make dairy free sour cream I beleive). Eat it plain or in a pita/tortilla
  • crystalbluewolf13
    Options
    thanks for the suggestions everyone :) looks like i've got some yummy recipes to try nom nom nom