Flavored Water! Good Or Bad?

Options
2»

Replies

• ABrideToBE
    ABrideToBE Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm too cheap to buy flavored water :embarassed: . Plus, I really like the taste of unflavored water :)
  • courtneylee31
    courtneylee31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Just add a little bit of juice to tap water (assuming tap water is safe where you live). No point in spending money on fashion water.

I normally add a bit of cranberry juice, or squeeze some lime.

I agree, get some lemons and sweetener and make your own lemonade even.
  • HMToomey
    Options
    If you just want it now and then get some mio. It helps break up the monotony. I've had the same bottle since March!
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Add cucumber slices to tap water. Refreshing. Find in my of the Spas!
  • sunshinelady512
    sunshinelady512 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I can't drink any of those drinks or water additives that are sweetened with aspartame, nutrasweet, or splenda (the artificial sweeteners give me headaches and splenda actually causes migraines) - I can only drink things sweetened with natural sweeteners (sugar, honey, pure stevia, or agave). I can't even use the stevia products that are cut with sugar alcohol (such as Truvia) because I have a bad reaction to them.

Personally, I add lemon juice to my water to give it a little flavor and only an inconsequential number of calories - it doesn't make it sweet, though. I recently tried Trader Joe's flavor sticks (they come in Pomegranate Cherry, Lemonade, and Iced Tea with Lemon) and they were okay, but too sweet for me (they are naturally sweetened and have no artificial colors, flavors, or chemicals). Each packet is supposed to be mixed with 16 oz. of water and has 30 calories - I mix it with 32 oz. of water (4 cups) and it's much better. At only 7.5 calories per cup, it's a nice change.... but I think I'll stick with adding lemon juice to my water or drinking unsweetened decaf iced tea unless I'm desperately craving something sweet.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I think the bubbly coconut pineapple one sounds delicious.
  • ndm9one
    ndm9one Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the alternatives. I think the 100% fruit juice idea sounds good; even freezing them & dropping cubes in water too.
    But without price being an issue. Is the Nestle Pure Life Splash okay to drink? Im asking because alot of you suggested
    either lemons or cranberry juice in water and with those too options, I'd rather just drink plain tap water. I want something GOOD :laugh:
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am currently weaning myself off fizzy no/low cals drinks as I have heard that you will never get rid of your sweet tooth as they are artificially feeding it. The only one I have to get rid of are lemonade and flavoured water. Getting rid of coke/fanta etc was easy.

I adore flavoured water. Drink 3 bottles of it a day, well did. I am down to one a day and 2 glasses of lemonade. I now drink ice cold water with sliced lemon/lime/orange in it. I make it up in the morning and store the jug in the fridge. It is not as nice but I am getting there.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Simple, if you like it drink it. Personally I'm too cheap to buy bottled water except for when the kids have soccer tournaments etc - a 5 stage reverse osmosis unit and refillable bottles do the trick for me.
  • runfreddyrun
    runfreddyrun Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i like crystal lite pure. it has no artificial sweeteners but it does have a lot of ingredients so when i make it i usually put 2 or 3 packets to a 2qt container. essentially i water it down so i'm not ingesting all those chemicals.
  • tinytinam
    tinytinam Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Just check if they are using a chemical sweetener. They are really, really bad for you. I read a book called "Sweet Poison" and it sure makes you aware that a lot of food companies are not ethical. I would only trust natural stevia, agave and xylitol because they are all made from real plants and are all low GI.