Job stressing me out, feel like eating

I m having trouble on the job with people complaining about me in particular
intermittently. I try to be a people pleaser and make everyone happy so I dont
get any customer complaints because I dont want to get in trouble with my boss.
I got another complaint today and I just feel down. I feeling like downing some
doughnuts along with it.

Replies

• kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Hold on to that emotion and use it to fuel a really big workout. The endorphin's released by your body will calm you and help you think clearer. Is your boss approachable for a fireside chat? Are the negative comments true? I find that molding my own character is harder than losing weight. It's painful someday s.

Keep your stick on the ice, were pulling for yah!

:smile:

Cheers
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Aw I'm sorry:-( I am the same way. You won't ever be able to make everyone happy 100% of the time. Some are complainers by nature. I don't know what field you work in but sometimes people complain to get items for free ie people that eat at restaraunts. They know that a lot of businesses will comp items or give them discounts if they say they are unhappy. Some people ARE just plain unhappy and like to share that with the rest of us. If you are doing the best you can there is nothing more you can do! When you start feeling stressed by this I would try to get out and take a brisk walk or some other form of activity. Do not punish yourself because of someone else. Most importantly do not give in to eating something for a temporary fix that causes a long term health risk. Take care of your self.
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Thanks for your support; it means so much; I am going to head out the door for a walk then mow the yard!