Hi! :)

Options
*insert life story here*

I'm Shamara, I'm 18. I recently moved away from home to attend university, which has made me a lot more free as to what I can eat and not eat. At home I was always under pressure to eat everything I was given/offered- which usually looked like:
-No breakfast
-Big lunch, followed by a big cream doughnut or something similarly stupidly fatty
-Snack or sweets halfway through the day because mum gets bored
-Man-sized portion of dinner (Better to give you too much than too little!)
-Dessert (usually a large chunk of cake, bowl of icecream or something similar)
-Sometimes more sweets in the evening because why not?

Having made my escape I eat varyingly according to what I want. I've found that since I eat whatever I want all of the time, I don't feel the need to buy sweets, biscuits or crisps. I've also only got one plate- a little side plate.
Not being the most outgoing of students, I don't drink much, either.

I'm hypothyroid, having had radioactive iodine treatment for hyperthyroidism a couple of years ago (Grave's disease, apparently) and I take 150mg of levothyroxine per day. Because of this, my mum has always been worried whenever I tried to diet, by 'coincidence' always starting to bake and cook nicer things whenever I make an effort. Now I'm worried that if I go back for Christmas having lost weight, she'll think I'm losing too fast and try to fatten me up again. :P

Anyhoo, I'm somewhere between 5,9" and 5,10" and I was 109kg /240lbs the last time I weighed myself, which was, eh... two weeks ago.

Replies

• jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your weight loss, do what you feel you need to do. Your mom will worry no matter if you come home thinner or heavier. Just do your best to be Healthier...Have a great day.
  • ShamaraRobyn
    Options
    Thank you- you're right, and if I've managed it, It'll probably motivate her to do the same. Have a great day yourself!