not losing weight for over 3 months

Options
I am having this problem for more than 3 months . I have tried 3 kinds of diets. The fisrt one was only counting calories eating for 1200 and walking 30 minutes everyday. The second diet I tried was the Duncan diet. In the attack phase did not lose or gain any weight. So finally went back to the 17 day diet wich worked for me about a year ago. I live in China so there is no junk food everywhere you go like in the States. I always eat chicken because it is the safest around here. I rarely eat red meats. I dont eat any carbs because the breads are different and dont taste good. I dont like rice and maybe eat pasta every 2 months.I dont eat junk food and rarely eat fast food hard to find around here. So basically i think my body is used to it after 2 years of living in this country that the diets that I am doing no longer work. I need help . If you have any ideas or ways please let me know Thank you

Replies

• DeathKitty23
    DeathKitty23 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    an't view your diary so i can;t really give any good advice:)
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    we can't see your diary so we can't be sure how to help
    try this for advice on how to use mfp, the opening post
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

It must be hard in china not liking rice, do you eat noodles?
    I think you should eat a little grain each day.
    maybe you can get some cereals?
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    No fast food where you are? I was in Xiamen for 2 years and there was a KFC and McDonalds on every corner and a Pizza Hut! Not that I would be encouraging you to eat it anyway!

You have supermarkets like Walmart and Carrfour.....do they not have foods that you do like? Maybe chicken/turkey if you are not a fan of red meats and they may do other stuff that you could try!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    You can put on weight eating healthy, you know?

If you open up your diary or at least tell us precisely how many calories you're eating a day, we can provide more specific advice.
  • nadinedc85
    Options
    well thank you for the advice I guess you can see my diary now . I am sorry should have did it before. No the fast food chains are far I live in the country side. Basically I have to go to the nearest city. Which I do not really go. I wish I had turkey but they dont have it here . I cook all of my meals maybe ounce a week I eat chinese food low is salt and oil. Any advice reply me back or even add me :)
  • darrensurrey
    Options
    Still not open. Did you only open it for friends?

Fascinating that you live in rural China. It must be very different to the West with little Western influence?
  • darrensurrey
    Options
    I can see it now.

Looks like 1000 calories a day intake? I think you know what we're going to tell you next.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    If you only eat at 1000 cals or less a day and you've done this for an extended period of time, your metabolism has adapted. You eare experiencing adaptive thermogenesis. Simple. You need to start eating more and hopefully, the down regulation in your metabolism is not permanent.