Slow and steady or full on super cardio???

Options
Hi there.
I wanted to know what people think about cardio..My question is it best to do high level ,high energy,high heart rate every day?,or 65%-80% heart rate where am working it but it is not hard??.I still get sweaty..and have to put effort in.
Is the latter the best way to use fat?,instead of 80%heart rate using carbs etc.
Who really knows this stuff???
Want a advise please.

Replies

• coffeebrown5
    coffeebrown5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Good question I believe just workout to where things are comfortable for you.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    The higher intensity workout give you better cardiovascular strengthening and burns more calories.

Aim for a perceived effort (rather than worrying about percentages) where most of your workouts are at an intensity where you can carry on a conversation (but go for longer durations) and mix them up with a higher intensity once or twice a week depending on how frequently you're working out.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    The higher intensity workout give you better cardiovascular strengthening and burns more calories.

Aim for a perceived effort (rather than worrying about percentages) where most of your workouts are at an intensity where you can carry on a conversation (but go for longer durations) and mix them up with a higher intensity once or twice a week depending on how frequently you're working out.

What Brian said. I would consider mixing in a day of HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). The day after HIIT though, you should plan a recovery day of no more than low intensity if not complete rest. HIIT impacts the Central Nervous System and you need some recovery time for the adaptations to fully benefit you.
  • NewAngel35
    NewAngel35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Ok that helps. I do work out every day.I do high intensity 1-2 times a week and it really pushes me..then the rest of the time what I call normal work out level.I have some body fat to loose. I am not considered over weight by most..just want to improve