Second day in which I am literally hungry...

Options
I don't know if is the weekend (a little boring) but I feel I would eat anything!
And I'm eating... I had a nice risotto portion (big) at lunch and I am again hungry! AAAARGH!

Replies

• MySunshine76
    Options
    Are you physically hungry or just WANT to be eating something?
  • karievlach
    karievlach Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I noticed that when i have say 3000 calories one day and 2000 the next i am hungry more than when i eat the same amount of calories each day. Are you eating the same amount of calories and are you eating a different selection of foods with each meal. Also my friend is a trained physical trainer and he said sometimes that when we think we are hungry for food , we are actually needing water. Try this when you feel you are hungry drink water. I hope this helps
  • MySunshine76
    Options
    Are you physically hungry or just WANT to be eating something?

I asked this because I have to divide my calories up over five to six meals a day to keep from getting hungry. The portions are even smaller, but eating every couple of hours keeps me from being hungry. It also helps with the munchies from time to time. Hope this helps.
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    More protein with your meals might help. For example try eggs for breakfast if you like them and more meat with your other meals. For myself, I find that eating more meat/protein really helps with satiety.

I don't want to get into the whole eating exercise calories back but I did notice on a day where you burned 900+ calories exercising and you ate about 1400, leaving your body about 600 calories for the rest of the day. I'd be starving too!
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    If you are starving maybe you should listen to your body and eat! Just eat healthy. Sear for the group Eat more to Weigh less on here....You might find your answer there :smile:
  • annette79h
    annette79h Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    and make sure you're drinking plenty of water. Most people think they are hungry when actually the body is thirsty! :) plus, I think when you are trying to cut back calories and watch what you're eating, you think about food more which makes you think your hungry....drink a big glass of water, do some exercises and see if the hunger passes, if not, then eat a little bit, just eat healthy foods!
  • Eerinelizz
    Eerinelizz Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    If you are starving maybe you should listen to your body and eat! Just eat healthy. Sear for the group Eat more to Weigh less on here....You might find your answer there :smile:

^^^ This! I've been eating so much over the past week, and the weight is just melting off. I think my body just needed fuel for the fire!
  • LupaNera
    Options
    Thank you all! At the end was a nice icecream that solved the mistery!
    I was just craving for something :) . As for the amount of exercise I have krav maga classes every 2 days but my doc said to me to try to keep as even as possible my meals even if exercising. Maybe eating a little bit more but without feeling the right to stuff myself. I talked to him and he knows about the intensity of workouts.
    I also need to control insulin more than blood sugar. So I need to keep in balance everything.
    For now is working and I am just eating less than I was used to. I started eating better 3 years ago and for a while did the trick and I lost 20 kg. then plateau for different reasons and now restarted the journey.
  • sandy7373
    sandy7373 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    eating carbohydrates makes you hungry. eat more protein like meat or cheese.