Anyone notice taste change with diet change?

Options
13»

Replies

• elm2008
    elm2008 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! I'd say I've been taking the healthy route for the past 6-7 months. I can no longer eat anything greasy, especially potato chips. I can taste and recognize the sugar in foods a lot more. The granola bars I used to eat have become way too sweet for me! I no longer have cravings for all the carbs/starches I used to live off of. I took cheese out of my diet (vegetarian but just learned about "enzymes") and for the most part do not miss it. It is strange because pasta, potatos, pizza, cheese, and bread were my favorite foods a year ago. I actually just made an organic and veg friendly mac and cheese as a indulgence but didn't really seem to enjoy it and I may just throw it out! I cannot eat regular yogurt anymore (and regular sweetened/flavored yogurt is unbearable). Greek plain yogurt is no longer sour to me.

Of course I have added some new foods into my diet throughout this journey. things like brussel sprouts, cabbage, beans, lentils, and tofu are now my favorite foods.
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    yes processed food taste oily to me and I can't seem to contain it in my stomach as much it feels and taste disgusting lol.
  • Ivana331
    Options
    yes, I noticed it when I tried to have a soda after a month and a half of none at all, it tasted so gross. Then, I made the kids a top ramen and there was some left over so I went to eat it, but it was soooo salty!! I was shocked that I had never noticed it before. Now I know I can't eat that anymore.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    YES!! I RARELY crave junk food of any kind actually. If I do, I allow myself that little bit. The last time I ate something I normally now would never eat, I physically felt so awful. My body responds much better to good food!!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I had been using salt alternative (potassium salt) even before we started eating much cleaner (because he has high blood pressure)... now EVERYTHING tastes salty. Even sweet things, like chocolate, I will always taste the salt more prominently.
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm a total newbie. But this is one topic I can add my .02 in. It started 4 weeks ago tomorrow. No more sodas. I was only drinking the diet variety, but still... A friend brought ice cream to our get together. I took two bites and had to throw away my serving. It was way too sweet for me! And it was plain vanilla, too! I have a mostly full bag of Kisses sitting around because they are way too sweet. My coffee creamer, once my indulgence, barely colors my coffee now. I look forward to more taste changes. :)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Yes many foods now taste different to me. I have a new appreciation for the natural tastes of fruits and veggies, and no longer need to rely on salt and sauces so much.

I also have discovered new foods that I never would have tried before that have become household staples.
  • Allyice
    Allyice Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I haven't had fried food in just over a month, which is a big deal for me because I loved it so much (hence why I got so fat!) but now when I'm around the smell of oily foods it makes me nauseous.