Replies

• Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    the few times I've watched that show, the one thing that has always struck me is that the couponers have zero fresh fruit, veg or meat/fish items. Do they go & pay full price for that stuff or do they only eat the dry & packagaed goods they can get with coupons?

After being on this thread I Googled the show and watched a couple clips.... it actually made me feel sick to my stomach the amount of junk they have. In their basements, garages, pantries, spare bedrooms... YIKES! One guy had over 8000 tubes of toothpaste.

Seriously? What on earth would you need 250 bottles of hand soap for, it takes me eons to ever finish one, it seems to be come an obsession once they start. I did see a couple ppl talk about donating but even after donating they had boat loads of crap left.

One or two they showed sitting at their tables "working" as they call it had stacks and stacks of coupon inserts which means they either purchases ALL those newpapers or bought one out of the machine and took all the rest. Then what drove around town doing the same thing, dunno but hard to believe they would spend that much money on a table full of newspapers? How much did spend on the newspaper if legitimately bought? Ours here are $3.50.

Apparently I am NOT an extreme couponer, and glad I'm not, it's a strange thing when you watch clips of that show and feel a bit sick.

I agree on the junk food, it's all processed in their storage areas, or toothpaste, or Adult diapers, soaps, etc., sure some you could use but what are the adult diapers for, when they have to shop longer than planned?:laugh:

OK, so I'm kidding a bit but I guess the show just shocked me, I knew ppl couponed in quantity but was not expecting what I saw.

The OP is right, they aren't getting healthy food, fruits, veggies but frozen pastries, frozen pizza, boxes of flavored rice etc.

OK, done now... off to my workout to get those clips outta my HEAD.:noway: :sick: :bigsmile:
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    They do buy fresh fruit and meat and i'v seen healthy things in the cart,they use there overage for all that,So it's not junk if watch careful at the checkout you can see that,I don't aweful seeing I lost 13 lbs.We always have fresh fruit and veggies,if you to thekrazycouponlady.com you will see how they get meat and fresh fruit chepper.I believe in the show & it has saved my my family thats way we hardly have no debt & a saving account.
    I will never give it up NEVER. I have all shows dvr and watch them over to get more ideas cuz you always miss something.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Anybody here a CANADIAN couponer? We can't do it here like you Amereicans. Every single coupon has a 'one coupon per customer per trip' catch. Would love to know if it's possible to save even 25% in Canada!

I am Canadian.....and a couponer.....this weekend, I saved $94.95 in coupons, not bad for Canada!! I also price match everything....I have not paid full price for meat in over a year....and I NEVER pay full price for anything that is HBA related or shelf food....
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    We dnt have a coupon system in Scotland :(
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    Not everyone abusing the system,As far as price matching almost every store does that.We are in a recession people don't have jobs this is a way they can put food on the table,so they have money for bills.
    I will also coupon and find deals no matter what people say, I have saved hundreds of dollars doing this,which helped us payed for braces for our daughter.Plus my older son comes here to & gets food.
    I think everyone should coupon or find ideals on other things like clothes etc. But this what I do to make in my family, coupons have been a life saver for my family.

Of course not everyone is abusing the system. But the topic you chose just happens to be the name of a show which features people that do abuse the system.