Help

Options
I have been watching what I eat and including exercise into my routine. I started in March of 2010 and as of right now i am stuck on a plateu of around 225. So I only lost about 42 pounds in that timeframe. I want to lose about another 70 pounds or so but just cant seem to get off of the plateu. Any suggestions on ways to get off it and start losing weight again would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    There are too many unknowns to provide much assistance. What is your daily calorie intake? What is your BMR and TDEE? Your diary is closed so there isn't much we can offer in assistance there. What kind of exercise are you doing and how often?

Here is a great resource that will get you started in the fundamentals that should be the foundation for your weight loss strategy. Thanks Dan!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • Vguthman
    Vguthman Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I messed up my date I have been doing this since March of 2011. My daily intake is 1960 since I changed it to be 1 pound per week instead of 2. Also the other two numbers you asked about were 2539 TDEE and 1846 BMR respectivly. I try to go to the gym atleast 4 times a week and it includes about 30 minutes of strength/weights and then 30 minutes of cardio either ellitical or treadmil
  • lorelieschaefer
    Options
    Plateaus are hard....I have always been told that if you are doing the same thing day in and day out like eating the same foods, the same amount of calories for your meals, the same workouts your body gets used to what you are doing and is comfortable and knows what to expect. You need to change it up, challenge yourself and do something different maybe a little more difficult then your body will respond. Play with your caolries a little maybe your eating too much or not enough, ultimately you want to be eating the most you can and still loose weight because if you too little your body goes into starvation mode and won't let you loose weight. I am on a plateau to and can't seem to break it but I am soooo close to my goal so that might be why I am plateaued. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh and measure all your food? Use a HRM to estimate your calorie burn from exercise? Calories in and calories out are always just estimates, but weighing and measuring everything you eat and using a HRM should help improve these estimates.

Are you also taking your measurements to gauge your progress?

There seems to be a lot of trial and error in finding the best food plan that promotes healthy weight loss. You might have to experiment a bit to find out what works best for you. Some people need to reduce their carb intake to lose weight, for others (like me) this makes no difference at all. I have to watch my sodium as too much salt will completely overshadow my weight loss progress. What worked best for me was eating a diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables.

This is one of my favorite articles on plateaus:

http://fitnesswithnatalie.blogspot.com/2011/05/most-dreaded-word-in-weight-loss.html