P90x phase 2 (dramatic results happening)

Options
I'm just about to wrap up phase 2 of my 1st round of p90x lean. I've dropped over 10 lbs this month. Half of that falling off this week. I'm staying under my calorie threshold (2180) easily with the added exercise from p90x. My question however, is am I losing weight too quickly?. I have a ton of excess fat. I started at 311, 2 months ago, and just hit 291 this morning. I feel good, no actually great. I've got a long way to go, but right now I feel like a infomercial candidate in the making!!! (Just kidding). More importantly I'm becoming a much healthier dad .

Replies

• hbaby2
    hbaby2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm just about to wrap up phase 2 of my 1st round of p90x lean. I've dropped over 10 lbs this month. Half of that falling off this week. I'm staying under my calorie threshold (2180) easily with the added exercise from p90x. My question however, is am I losing weight too quickly?. I have a ton of excess fat. I started at 311, 2 months ago, and just hit 291 this morning. I feel good, no actually great. I've got a long way to go, but right now I feel like a infomercial candidate in the making!!! (Just kidding). More importantly I'm becoming a much healthier dad .
    20 lbs in 2 months is about 2 lbs a week. That's exactly what you should be doing at that weight. It will slow up some when you are closer to the 200 point. Good job!
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I'm going to keep pushing!
  • lamarnnem
    Options
    I'm on day 56/90 of p90x and I've lost 25 lbs. I think what your doing is fine.
  • astheygrowup
    astheygrowup Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I agree. It sounds like you are on the right track and making wonderful progress
  • simonkurth
    Options
    That's awesome! Keep up the good work.
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I think if you are feeling good, keep it going. Great job.
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    fabulous results...you are doing great and your whole life will be rewarded with a healtier you.
  • SFBarbear
    Options

Keep it up, this is so inspirational to me. I am about the same weight as you and just started Power 90. hearing news like this helps me stay motivated!
    As for the rapid loss You are using your body in ways you haven't in a long time. So, you will lose a bit fast at first then taper off . As long as you are feeling great and still eating, stick with it.
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    In the beginning, most guys generally drop a significant amount quickly, but then it will slow down. Your loss seems normal. When I started working out (not doing P90x mind you) I lost 25 lbs in the 1st 2 months. Your muscle gain will start to offset your fat loss, so the scale really becomes a secondary means of measuring your results. Get a cloth tape measure and start taking measurements as well as checking your weight.
  • CindyTatiana16
    CindyTatiana16 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    that rate of weight loss is great! Esp since you're starting out the program. The rate may slow down but keep pushing!! i'm doing p90x too!
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    great results! As long as you're eating enough, which sounds like you are, losing at that rate sounds right for you! GREAT JOB! I just started P90x this week... love it!
  • simonkurth
    Options
    It's a great program. I'm glad your loving p90x. Thanks for the words of encouragement.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!