What have you done with your old clothes?

Options
I'm nearing my goal weight now, and I have perfectly good clothes but they're just too big for me.
So, I was wondering what have you guys done with them? Kept them? Charity Shop?
I feel like keeping them would allow myself to slip back into old habits. :)

Replies

• hbaby2
    hbaby2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I give them away if I know people could use them or I send them to goodwill. I don't want them and will never need them again. :)))
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I donated mine to charity, including the wedding gown.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I kept a pair of jeans or two as a reminder and motivation (trying those suckers on and having them fall right off feels wonderful!), and donated the rest.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I gave them to AMVETS.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Donate them. Or find local MFP friends and have a clothing swap since most of us are often changing size and need new 'in between' items.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    We had a clothing swap at our gym. I highly encourage people to do this with their fitness group, if they have one! Any clothes left over at the end of the event (we also had a photoshoot on the same day) was then donated to a women's shelter.

I took all of the clothes I no longer fit to the event. I brought home nothing. XD
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    yep I have kept my favorite pair..not because I ever want to fit in them again...but it's a memory. I will be getting a new pair of favorites as soon as I'm off of this in between sizes. :) the rest of my clothes go to goodwill or a free donation spot here in town.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I think I'll keep one pair of jeans and then give the rest to charity! :) x
  • TeamNoExcuses
    Options
    Omg, my clothes are getting too big and I can't wait to give them away to the Salvation Army. I can't wait to go shopping!! ahhh.
  • slavonka23
    slavonka23 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I gave it to red cross :wink:
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    GoodWill!
  • joiequilts
    joiequilts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I volunteer at a charity organization and we are always needing clothes to give away, especially plus sizes. I am taking more of mine to them Tuesday and am LOVING IT!
  • reallymyBEST
    reallymyBEST Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I sewed in many, many shirts. Seemed like such a waste to give away a whole pile of things only to go out and buy the same things all over again. My Mom & I spent an afternoon one weekend when I visited them taking them all in. She was thrilled to help! I did donate A LOT of things that couldn't be altered or I just never wanted to see again. I also kept the biggest pair of jeans I ever had.
  • Tallulahbelle2011
    Options
    Some ebayed for money for new clothes :o) and some to charity.
  • wvteresa
    Options
    I am giving all my old clothes away :smile:
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Some of the cute going-out clothes I have, I sold to Plato's Closet for a few dollars, but I did keep one pair of pants. The pair of pants that used to be tight on me, and now is too big. I wore these pants in high school, and it feels great to think that I'm smaller than I was at age 15.
  • tonightokayalright
    Options
    I gave mine away to sister/sister in law/friends, the rest will be going to the Goodwill.
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    GoodWill!

This.
  • Charity or tailor my favourite clothes
  • MCproptart
    MCproptart Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the whole thread, this may have already been suggested, but I'm thinking about taking clothes to My Sister's Closet, a consignment shop here in the Phoenix area. My plan is (although I haven't done this yet to see if it will work) to trade in the clothes that are too big and purchase ones that will fit me now, and keep doing that as I keep reducing. For example, this summer I bought a bunch of size 20 dresses. They are now super baggy, so I'm thinking I could take the store 5 dresses and see if I can pick out a different 5 dresses.

Anything the consignment store doesn't want, I'll donate. First to anyone locally who's running a rummage sale for a good cause, then to Goodwill if nothing else.

I will probably keep 1 or 2 things as souvenirs of someplace I never want to be again.