Has anyone?

Ever ran am Extreme 5K......I am doing one starting June 26th...but would like to hear from anyone who has done one?

TIA

dd

Replies

• zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Ever ran am Extreme 5K......I am doing one starting June 26th...but would like to hear from anyone who has done one?

TIA

dd
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    I've run 5k's and 10k's but I'm not sure what the am extreme means.
    Let me know cus I'd love to find out.
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    AKA known as scrambles...
    I know what they are and they vary depending on the race and where it is held.
    I am going to do it but was just hoping to talk to someone who has done one....

check this site out this is the one I am doing...you might have to navigate some..

http://www.inghartfordmarathon.com/foundationnew/calendar/xtremescramble2.htm#Registration

dd
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    That sound's fun. If it weren't in March in New England that is. You're as likely to be running in a blizzard as you are to run in 70 degree sun. :laugh:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    That sound's fun. If it weren't in March in New England that is. You're as likely to be running in a blizzard as you are to run in 70 degree sun. :laugh:

Hmmmm. The link it took me to said it was July 31?? Oh, and one in June and yet a 3rd race! Sounds like a lot of fun though!! Good luck and enjoy it. You'll have to let us know how it was since, apparently, no one has done one!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Hi Zen...I used to run 5Ks with military folk...we used to call them Fun Runs...I can only imagine that an extreme race would be up and down hills through rugged terrain, wearing combat boots and there may be watering holes or mud holes.

Have Fun!

Fat Dancer