Newbie from Oregon

sharkgirl
sharkgirl Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all.
I'm new here, just started yesterday, and have already learned lots of interesting and helpful information.

7 years ago, I weighed 240 lbs. I had weight loss surgery, (duodenal switch - for those familiar with the different types of WLS) and lost 90 lbs. Weight has slowly crept back up, (especially over the last couple of years) and I am now just over 180 lbs.
I want to reverse this trend, but I have been nervous to diet, because yo-yo dieting is what put on most of my original weight.

I found MFP, because I wanted a food diary app for my iphone. I find that if I log everything I eat, I eat a lot healthier.
I was shocked to see the breakfast that I thought was healthy was over 600 calories! I made some modifications this morning and was able to cut about 200 calories (and it tasted just as good!)

Looking forward to getting to know some of you, and taking inspiration from your successes.

Michelle

Replies

• nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Welcome! I am from Oregon too! This is a great site and really keeps you honest. It is also full of great people who support each other.
This discussion has been closed.