having a big touble

Options
i've been depresed for 2 days ,doing nothing but eating and crying, and talking to no one,
here is what happened:cry:
2 days ago...the day i managed to workout before i go to colleage, i was super happy, specially when i did some moves in my workout i couldn't do before, i felt so healthy and fit..... but then, the next day i woke up i begun my workout and i felt knee pain:indifferent: , and i just stood there shocked, i then calmed myself down and said i would have breakfast, sit for a while, then try again, and again i felt same pain......then i crashed:cry: , i felt that i'm too heavy for my knees to support my fat body, and that i would never workout again:cry: , and i will stay in this shape forever:cry: ,, and i had severe deppresion.....just crying:sad: and eating and shouting at anyone trying to talk to me,,,,,,i felt all my dreams in vain now, all from a sore knee,,,
now that my family helped me out of this deppresion,i feel a bit better, but still worried..:brokenheart: ..should i continue to workout??? i don't know....i'm very lost, and i need advice.....i don't know if my knees hurt from workout, or from the tiring day i had in colleage as i walked alot... anyhow ,i don't know what to do
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Replies

• victoriadw84
    victoriadw84 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hey!!
    Dont get discouraged I have been in your shoes and I know it is SOOO HARD! Wipe those tears away and let your knee heal.
    After I gained quite a bit of weight from medications I wasnt able to near anything I used to at the gym, I would cry and get SOO upset. My husband would have to keep telling me to take one day at a time. So now what I do for cardio is the bike and stair stepper. Each week I would increase the level and try to add on another minute or two. I found these machines werent so hard on my body and you get great results from the stair stepper :) I would also incorporate the strength machines. Once my cardio improved more I slowly starting using the treadmill, I wouldnt run like crazy just do a light jog for 2-3 minutes if I could and walk, then jog and back to walking. I still cant do the crazy cardio I used to but I am improving and the stength machines are a huge help as well.
    Dont blame yourself for your knee hurting, give yourself credit for doing something great for your body such as working out. It may take some time for your body to adjust but your making a remarkable change in your life....keep going you will be soo proud of yourself for not giving up :)
  • manoozo
    manoozo Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    the thought that keeps coming to me is......what if i broke my knee and i'm not able to walk ever again!!!
    i'd rather be fat and walking by myself than fat and needing someone to push me.....
    these horrible thoughts never leave my mind....
    and all workout i can do is use dumbells and workout from youtube at home,....i can't go to gym as i have no time :(
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I am sorry but you are just giving yourself an excuse to eat to much!
    Even if you could not walk there is routines to do for
    Weight loss is very very hard but you can do it and with it comes
    a positive attitude !
    Good luck to you
    You are better than you think you are!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    "because i'm tired of me looking like this, and i feel mylife is going just in front of my eye and i'm not doing any thing about it. "

remember your goals. If you are able to walk, walk. It isn't the most efficient way to lose weight but it will get your body moving, it is good for your heart and might just help pull you out of your funk. Might even help strengthen your knees.
  • strawbblondie
    strawbblondie Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you just overdid it a little bit the other day. You might want to scale back on your workouts for a few days and maybe do a little more walking instead until your knee feels better. If you're in excruciating pain and can't put any weight on your knee, then you should see a doctor. Whatever you do, don't give up! You're making changes to your lifestyle and sometimes your body needs to get used to the different activities you're having it do. :flowerforyou:
  • Kourtne_KK
    Kourtne_KK Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    do low impact exercising like swimming. my left knee is bad so there are times when I can run up and down the stairs and times where I can't even squat! Just take it one day at a time and dont give up! Maybe swim, walk, ride a bike etc. just so what your body can handle. keep moving- you will get there!
  • manoozo
    manoozo Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    thanks alot guys!!!
    you really are life savers....but it is just the story of my life:ohwell:
    one day i'm all motivated and kicking
    the other..... you know, even the smallest thing make me depressed:ohwell: ...i'm really sorry to bother you, and i really appriciate your help and advices, i'm wearing a knee bandage now while working out, and it makes me feel better
    thanks alot guys again for your support :flowerforyou:
  • strawbblondie
    strawbblondie Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Any time...that's what we're here for!! :wink: