Net Calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Well, here's how I do it, and it is what has made it simple for me.

I think of that number (daily goal) that I start off wth every morning (in my case 1200 calories) as cash in my wallet, and I cannot spend what I do not have.

That gives me 1200 to spend on food each day. By working (exercizing), I earn more cash (calories), and therefore, have more to spend on even more food (calories).

If I planned well, and logged everything, at the end of the day, I will have spent nearly all my cash,leaving me with zero or close to zero in my wallet.

Okay, I admit I might even spend up to 100 calories beyond the 1200 allowed, which leaves me with -100 (in red) at the end of the day. Not that big a deal, so long as I don't make it a habit.

Next day, just start over, fresh, with that wallet full of cash (calories) to spend on food.

Does this help?

I gave mfp all my stats, and chose my goals, and then just let mfp set me up accordingly. I find all those other details distracting, so I just focus on that daily goal/cash and try to make healthy choices most of the time (but not all of the time, I need my ice cream).