Low impact workouts?

Options
Hello!

I am looking for suggestions for low impact workouts. I ride my bike and use an elliptical but I am looking for others to give myself a variety of workouts.

I am currently healing from knee surgery and the doctor has made it very clear that I can't be a runner and doing the occasional 5K is ok but nothing high impact.

Replies

• Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Appart from the obvious swimming,
    Most of the Tiffay rothe workouts, (Booty shaking waist work out, is awwwsome), many pilates ( i like pop pilates)
    Then theres the butt bible ( skip the lunges and possibly squates but do the floor stuff)

All of these are on you tube.

Enjoy.:drinker:
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    When my knees play up, my PT recommends swimming and the stationery bike (keep the seat down low so you are not stretching the knee fully and keep the intensity modest).
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Ellen Barrett does the job for me. Her Skinny Sculpt is listed as intermediate on Collage Video. Some plies; most leg work is on the floor. Good luck!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Yep, said before, but swimming is probably the best. Or deep water running which is also excellent for endurance with virtually no impact.

Also, the rowing machine is a wonderful low impact workout.
  • RedSassyPants
    RedSassyPants Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I teach aqua aerobics and have several women in my classes who are recovering from knee surgery.
    Some keep a noodle between their legs the entire time.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    leslie sansome dvds , walking or aqua aerobics
  • Phantox
    Phantox Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Swimming