wii sports resort calories burned?

Options
Ok I have seen several posts on wii fit, wii active, and wii sports, but I have wii sports resort (the new version of wii sports with the motion plus) and can not seem to figure out how to calculate my calories burned for the cycling game. Anyone have any sugestions?

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I don't know but I just wanted to say how funny it is to watch someone do the rowing!? haha... is there a regular cycling for wii cause that would probably be the same.

~Leash :heart:
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I did the wii active with my HRM monitor on and if I work out at the level they want me too their calorie burn is right.

I do wii fit plus and it is mostly games and my calorie burn is much lower. Usually about 5 calories a minute. It isn't much. But it is better than nothing.

I would just count it as extra.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I found this study about wii fit...I started to wonder it myself.

http://www.acefitness.org/getfit/studies/WiiFit102009.pdf
  • wayniec
    wayniec Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can't find anything either!!!
    I can't even find the METs figure so that you can work it out. Nintendo have websites for both Wii Sports and Wii Fit but nothing for Wii Resort. I'm wondering if that means that it's sooooo low it doesn't count?
  • MelissaD26
    Options
    I am wondering the same thing! Even the table tennis if you really get into it can create a sweat. I want to create a 20 or 30 min workouts. Any suggestions. I'm going to try and google Wii sports and calories. If I find anything I will repost it.
  • MelissaD26
    Options
    Found this online :
    A lot of the games on Sports Resort have similar counterparts on Wii Sports, which is already on SP. If I play ping pong, I enter it in as Wii Tennis, I enter Swordfight in as Boxing, since the movements are pretty similar. I just try to think about the movements and try to compare it as best as possible to a game on Wii Sports (Frisbee = Wii Golf, Basketball = Wii Baseball).
  • enadnire
    Options
    I found this study about wii fit...I started to wonder it myself.

http://www.acefitness.org/getfit/studies/WiiFit102009.pdf

Good study, thanks for sharing!