not really wanting meat

Options
Since I started working out again, I find myself slowly not eating as much meat as I once was. My hubby made some homemade beef veggie soup and I find myself putting back chunks of meat. I might only eat one or tow pieces. What I really want is the veggies. I roasted a head of cauliflower and wanted to eat the whole thing! I roasted eggplant not too long ago and almost ate the whole batch! I would be perfectly OK with one or two vegetarian meals a day! I just think it's strange because I used to be all about meat! The more the better! Now, not so much.

Replies

• jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    that's interesting, do you think it's psychological or just your taste buds have changed??? I know for me it's ALL about the meat.... and the more I work out the more protein my body screams for...

but then I low carb so maybe thats why...
  • tonightokayalright
    Options
    Since starting my journey I've pretty much given up meat.

So now I'm anemic.

Surprise!

If you consistently don't eat meat please make sure to see a doctor and have bloodwork done. I had bruises that would NOT go away, but since I started taking iron (by prescription ONLY, because taking excess iron can be detrimental to your health) they cleared up within a few days, I'm feeling a little more alert, and I worry less about the fact that I'm not eating meat.
  • bodyzen
    bodyzen Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Yay! I love seeing posts like this! :) Having more veggie meals is a great way to improve your health and energy. Plus you can eat soooooo much more food for less calories! Delicious natural goodness! Yum!
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    That has definitely happened to me. I am a big fan of listening to my body, and it says "bleh" most of the time when there's meat on my plate. My tastes have changed a lot since I started this MFP thing, and I'm gravitating toward healthier things. I prefer beans and lentils to meat most of the time. I think that's pretty normal.
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I will eat meat...it's just that half of the time I will just be kind of bleh about it. I save meat for the last meal of the day. Which is funny, because I was low carbing it up for a while....and now I guess I got tired of the meat and missed my Kashi cereal! So now I am trying to listen to what my body wants.
  • LisaMarie_13
    Options
    Since I started working out again, I find myself slowly not eating as much meat as I once was. My hubby made some homemade beef veggie soup and I find myself putting back chunks of meat. I might only eat one or tow pieces. What I really want is the veggies. I roasted a head of cauliflower and wanted to eat the whole thing! I roasted eggplant not too long ago and almost ate the whole batch! I would be perfectly OK with one or two vegetarian meals a day! I just think it's strange because I used to be all about meat! The more the better! Now, not so much.

I could live off of fruits and veggies alone. Seriously, I don't feel like I need meat. But I also know that with working out, I do need the protein, and I learned that whey protein doesn't agree with my digestion :(
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I always want meat...the beefier the better.