FINALS WEEK!

Options
For the next two weeks i have nothing but finals finals finals. I'm a senior in highschool and i'm taking classes at a near by art school.
my fear is that ill spend so much time on my butt that this diet won't go anywhere for a couple weeks. any tips for fast exercises or exercises i can do while i study??
any tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Karissa

Replies

• Karissa13
    Options
    For the next two weeks i have nothing but finals finals finals. I'm a senior in highschool and i'm taking classes at a near by art school.
    my fear is that ill spend so much time on my butt that this diet won't go anywhere for a couple weeks. any tips for fast exercises or exercises i can do while i study??
    any tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Karissa
  • schoencn
    schoencn Posts: 9
    Options
    i've been having the same problem! i'm soo busy with school that i havent had any time to go to the gym for two weeks! i've still been watching my diet, but i'm struggling to get in the exercise i need.
  • greeneyedgirl
    Options
    I'm in my second year of university and it is now entering the busy time. I get up a little earlier to get to the gym to put my time in so that I do not worry as much. As long as you fit at least a half an hour a day getting some walking or exercise in, you should be okay for finals.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    You have to combine the two. Try making notecards for studying.

A key word on the front, and then definition or other info you need to memorize on the back. These stack easily on the equipment and you can stare at each one until blue in the face if necessary. It takes two seconds to flip to the back or a new card. I promise you will zip through your workout faster than you imagine and because your pumping so much oxygenated blood through your body, you might see improvement in your memory as a bonus!

I would always peek at my kinesiology notes before going for a run and try to name all the muscles, origins, insertions and nerve innervations by the time I finished... Yes, I'm a bit dorky, but my GPA doesn't lie!

Best of luck on finals & the future! The stress relief from working out will prevent you from sabotaging your progress (physically & mentally).
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    The note cards thing works really well. Sometimes I'll even tape my lectures and listen to them while I workout, which is always exciting.
    And when I'm making notecards, I'll write about 20, and I'll stop to do pushups or crunches or squats and lunges...that sort of thing.

Its not the best, but its getting me through midterms...which are kicking me pretty hard.
  • schoencn
    schoencn Posts: 9
    Options
    yeah one of my friends said that she goes through her flashcards while on the elliptical. i'll give that a try