for ladies who have used a heart rate monitor

Options
Question for you - I am wondering how it is to have a strap around your chest during exercise. Where exactly do you wear it, does it "push down on you" (my main question), and do you feel it gets an accurate reading for women who have more to, well, "be pushed down on"? Thanks!

Replies

• rnhoppe
    rnhoppe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You wear it at bra strap level. Under your breasts. You tighten it at that spot. Mine never moves while exercising. It has elastic so it is pretty well set where I put it.
  • learnbygoing
    learnbygoing Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit confused by your question? Are you talking about being "pushed down" in the boob area? I wear my chest strap underneath my breasts, so that the strap is underneath the bottom of my sports bra. I don't even notice it's there once I have it all set up.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    You wear it at bra strap level. Under your breasts. You tighten it at that spot. Mine never moves while exercising. It has elastic so it is pretty well set where I put it.

This. I don't even feel it there!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    the strap lays under the "girls".lol. the part that reads HR is placed directly in the middle of your chest. I don't usually notice mine and I think if you can put in your current weight and height it should read accurately. On my polar hrm I can even set it to light, moderate, or hard workout and pick a range I'd like my hr in. hope this helps!
  • gogonunubean
    gogonunubean Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    The strap goes under my boobs (and fits under my sports bra strap - it just feels like the strap)
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Like all the other gals said, under your boobs.

I wear a sports bra and between the under boobs and covered by the sports bra it doesn't move! :drinker:
  • Kristin444
    Options
    Okay, now I understand - thank you all for answering. I thought the strap actually went around the chest, and I couldn't imagine this being comfortable enough to do. So thank you all for clearing this up for me :)
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of sports bras that curve up in the middle to allow room for the hrm. They are much more comfortable.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I wear mine underneath my breasts then put my bra on, basically it sits nicely where your bra strap goes and doesn't move when working out.
    I use mine for everything including aqua aerobics xx
  • RedSassyPants
    RedSassyPants Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I am rather larger is the chest area, and found that wearing 2 sports bras with the HRM underneath helped.
    One problem I had when I didn't wear the second bra was the excessive bouncing would sometimes shift the monitor.

Also...don't forget to tighten the strap as you lose weight.
    That was another mistake I made.
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    I'm the odd man (woman) out, I guess. I wear mine under the arms but above the breasts and it seems to work just fine. Never had trouble getting it to sync and read. I'm not all that big chested though so maybe that makes a difference?