Opinion on Visalus

Options
A friend from church gave me a few bags of Visalus to get started on my journey, reading the back it seems to have nothing but good things in it. Has anybody in here had any expierence with it? I was going to do one shake @ breakfast with 1 cup of skim milk and one cup of water. Then a light lunch, probably a soup or salad from our cafe here at work then a senseable meal for supper at home.

Opinions...

Here is a picture of the back of the package

http://graemethomasonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Visalus-shake-nutrition-facts.png

Replies

• nfrederick86
    Options
    bump
  • itsjilly
    Options
    I know there is alot of nay sayers out there because its an MLM, however, I needed something to kick me in the pants and get me movings.

I am on week 5, and happy to report that I have lost 15 lbs, and 15+ inches.

I do 2 a day, but other days only one. I felt great in the first week, and started to exercise 6 days a week. 30 minute walks...now I am working on the couch to 5k program, and Zumba once a week.

I like it because it is easy, and fits well into my lifestlye.

It isn't a magic bullet, and you still need to eat smartly, and watch what goes in your mouth. For me it was a great thing to get me some results to get me on track. So at the end of the 90 days, I have a new healthier lifestyle.
  • nfrederick86
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for the info.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    If you choose to purchase it in the future, it is VERY overpriced for a shake that isn't very beneficial. I personally dislike meal replacements (I prefer to eat my food) but I know that some people like to use it for when they're way too busy to sit down and eat a meal so they just 'grab and go'.
    If you enjoy eating and are not extremely short on time, I'd recommend ditching the shakes and eating your food. You'll have the same result + the added bonus of eating something delicious instead. :)
  • Sarge516
    Sarge516 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I've tried their samples.

I think it's an expensive form of protein shake (there are cheaper alternatives), but some don't taste as good. Me? I am too cheap to pay the $$ when there are other products out there for 1/2 the cost with the same nutritional ingredients.

Example: the stuff I have on my desk from a local bodybuilding supply/health food store:

Serving size - 2 scoops (45g)

Calories - 170
    Protein - 40g
    Sugars - 0g
    Fat - 1g

About $40 per 908g (2 lbs) bucket.
  • Ronni_16
    Ronni_16 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Its a great option and I know plenty of people that have done well on the program.
    The shake mixture is really tasty and it does keep you full.
    I did it for breakfast and lunches. Snacks and then a smart dinner.

The price of the product is pretty high..or at least I think so. Which is one of the main reasons I stopped using it.
  • dcooperp
    Options
    I love the product. I am reluctant to say much more as I posted on another post how it has helped me and basically got verbally attacked. Good luck with your journey.
  • HocuttsX3
    Options
    I am on day 46 of my 90 day challenge and am about to be taken off Metformin for Diabetes and my cholesterol medication. I have lost 15 pounds and 6+ inches.

As with any product their will always be haters... you have to find what is right for you! There are thousands of people having a lot of success on this product.
  • FoodandFitness
    FoodandFitness Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    There's nothing special about it and other protein supplements can be less expensive. You're paying a lot for the package.
  • RumAndEthics
    RumAndEthics Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I personally found it didn't work for me. I followed as said, did it for 2 meals a day and somehow ended up gaining weight instead of losing it. But everyone's body is different, try it and see if it works or not for you, not for me.
  • dcooperp
    Options
    I am on day 46 of my 90 day challenge and am about to be taken off Metformin for Diabetes and my cholesterol medication. I have lost 15 pounds and 6+ inches.

As with any product their will always be haters... you have to find what is right for you! There are thousands of people having a lot of success on this product.

Congrats on coming off the meds. My husband has lowered his BP meds and his blood work has come back with good numbers. Keep up the good work!!
  • dcooperp
    Options
    There's nothing special about it and other protein supplements can be less expensive. You're paying a lot for the package.

I bought mine last July...One time purchase and have not paid for it anymore. I get it every month for free.Vitamins included. Your right though it's not for everyone.
  • therealmax
    therealmax Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I haven't used the product personally, but I've read that the protein is soy-based or contains soy, so if your body reacts negatively to soy then I wouldn't recommend those specific meal replacement shakes. Also, remember that meal replacements are usually not meant for long term use, so for successful maintentance of weight loss you should probably look into learning how to lose or maintain weight while eating real foods. Best of luck with your goals!
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    It depends on the person. I work with someone who went from 240 to 160 in about 6 months. She only did the shakes for breakfast and lunch and then ate 1 chicken breast for dinner and ran like she was being chased. (minimum of 5 miles daily). She has since switched to the Medical Weight Loss Program. The first 2 weeks of the program, she had severe stomach cramps and diarrhea, then she felt great. When she stoped the Visalus, she did gain approx 10 lbs she said. (But she said she had increased her eating).

Another person I work with tried it for about a week and was totally unable to tolerate it. She ended up calling off work 3 or 4 days in a week and had to stop using the product and has since joined weight watchers and is losing alot.

As with any product, I think it depends on the person as well as their dedication and motivation and financial abilities to purchase and stick with these products.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

You're selling the stuff!!:noway: :noway: :noway:
  • jhanitsch
    jhanitsch Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just ordered my kit this morning. I was very skeptical because of the pyramid MLM theme going along with it but the fact of the matter is that I am watching everyone I know loose weight and enjoy doing it (one or two people I know did not like it out of the approximately 30 people I know using it). So I thought it was a good thing for me to try. I did A LOT of research on the product... and I bought it.. if that helps :)
  • jhanitsch
    jhanitsch Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Also, I can't believe after reading some posts the way others attack on these boards. To each their own. No one is forcing me, I did research and formed my own opinion.
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Also, I can't believe after reading some posts the way others attack on these boards. To each their own. No one is forcing me, I did research and formed my own opinion.
    [/quote

According to MFP rules you can not sell a product so that poster was not out of line to call out the person that is a distributor. You will note that the "follow me through Facebook" bit was deleted.

I don't know why you consider it an attack to say one can get similar nutrition for less money. Isn't that a legitimate statement to make or at least discuss?
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I personally found it didn't work for me. I followed as said, did it for 2 meals a day and somehow ended up gaining weight instead of losing it. But everyone's body is different, try it and see if it works or not for you, not for me.

This. I did it, lost 2lbs in the beginning, and then that was it.

Works for some, not for others.
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'll keep this short and simple because these threads tend to get out of hand.

I do it. It works for me. I like it. Continue to hit your calorie goals though. People will bash on it, but why? All you will be doing is getting your calories in eating/drinking something their not.

Feel free to message me if you want more detailed answers about my experience with it.