Milk counts as water, right?

Options
The cow had to drink a lot of water to produce the milk, how else is it a liquid? And that explains where powdered milk comes from, it's just milk with the water removed. So if I just drink 8 glasses of milk a day I should be good, right?

Replies

• jenneal89
    Options
    I would think so, yes. It hydrates you. It has more calories than water tho ;)
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I know, right? It just makes sense. I think I'll be making the switch to milk soon!
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    Options
    Eh I would consider it half water half non water. It's a liquid, yes. But not all of it is water. How much milk do you drink a day?
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Eh I would consider it half water half non water. It's a liquid, yes. But not all of it is water. How much milk do you drink a day?
    No matter how much she drinks, milk did her body good!
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Please tell me that this is just a parody of the "counting condensed soup as water" thread... UGH!
  • determined_01
    Options
    Cows milk has a lot of sugar it in. Log it as milk, it has calories, fat, protein, sugar. water doesn't, don't cheat yourself!
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Please tell me that this is just a parody of the "counting condensed soup as water" thread... UGH!

Ding ding ding ding ding! Winner!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Mmm, what if I make condensed soup with milk?
  • weepingwillowtrees
    Options
    no. water is water. milk is dairy
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Mmm, what if I make condensed soup with milk?

Then you can count it is double the amount of water.
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

Ding ding ding ding ding! Winner!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LOL, thank god! I was 99% sure you were kidding but didn't want to be a **** and call you out if you weren't!
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    wow!!!8 glasses of milk?! dang.. lotta calories in just milk :sad: not the same I dont thing.. well milk has a LOT Of sugar in it/carbs and all that.. water is water.. milk is milk tea is tea... i mean it has water in it.. but so does soda.. and soda sure isnt water
    Y would you want 8 glasses of milk?!:noway:
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    wow!!!8 glasses of milk?! dang.. lotta calories in just milk :sad: not the same I dont thing.. well milk has a LOT Of sugar in it/carbs and all that.. water is water.. milk is milk tea is tea... i mean it has water in it.. but so does soda.. and soda sure isnt water
    Y would you want 8 glasses of milk?!:noway:

what has two legs, two arms, and completely missed the point of this thread? :laugh: :laugh:
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I count all fluids as water.
    Technically you could also count anything that is liquid at room temp like icecream, jello etc.
    But thats just how I do it. The point is that you hydrate your body with enough fluids.
  • aidsmith
    aidsmith Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Milk is a fluid, and will hydrate you, however it's very high in calories and fat. If you drink 8 glasses a day of full-fat milk that would be a large proportion of your calorie intake; even semi-skimmed milk has about 100 calories per glass. Log it as milk.
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Milk is food, thats how it sustains infant mammals. yes its liquid but its not water
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I know you were just taking the p***, but now i'm thinking about how much i love milk and i'm sad.
  • keasarge
    keasarge Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    hmmm if i dip a cookie into the milk its still counts as water right??????
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options

i think so. if you drink your hot chocolate through a timtam and then eat the melted biscuit, it counts towards your water..
  • keasarge
    keasarge Posts: 26 Member
    Options

i think so. if you drink your hot chocolate through a timtam and then eat the melted biscuit, it counts towards your water..

oh god i want a timtam so badly now!!!