pop corn-94% fat free butter

Options
JOY621
JOY621 Posts: 71 Member
I just realized that I've been miscalculating the calories. I thought the whole bag was 120 calories. I just found out that there are 2 servings in one bag. So the total is 240 calories. Once I start eating them..I can't stop.

Replies

• m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya! I do the same thing - if you can, try to find the single serving bags, at least they provide portion control.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I just looked at my orville redenbacker 94% fat free mini bags box, it says 1 serving per bag so maybe you can try those!
  • JOY621
    Options
    Thank you guys for the reply.
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

A few years back, there was this study on lung cancer and microwave popcorn chemicals. After that, I stopped buying bagged popcorn.

I buy the old fashioned type, measure 1 teaspoon of oil...and pop in a dutch oven. I add what I want.... salt, garlic powder, and even pepper. It's cheaper, and I know what is in it. I can also control my portion size better...as long as I don't also eat the kids' bowl! LOL.
  • JOY621
    Options
    Hi there,

A few years back, there was this study on lung cancer and microwave popcorn chemicals. After that, I stopped buying bagged popcorn.

I buy the old fashioned type, measure 1 teaspoon of oil...and pop in a dutch oven. I add what I want.... salt, garlic powder, and even pepper. It's cheaper, and I know what is in it. I can also control my portion size better...as long as I don't also eat the kids' bowl! LOL.

Sounds great. Healthy and tasty. I will try that. Thanks.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I read that the bags are lined in teflon and cross into the popcorn, so since then I use an old fashioned pot, and I use chili oil for a spicy treat!
  • faithjobes
    faithjobes Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I WAS avoiding popcorn, or any corn for that matter, but recently been needing something munch on so I buy Fit & Active lgith butter microwave popcorn. It has 5 cups per bag and only 20 calories per popped cup=100 calories for 5 cups! But now that I'm reading the two previous postings about how microwave popcorn has chemicals...I'll either pop my own or go without!