Just bought a FITBIT

Options
2»

Replies

• craftykat12
    craftykat12 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have had mine four months now, wear it every where. I love it, I found out why I wake up so tired, I don't sleep well. They have the best customer service, something happen to my base, they sent me a new one no questions ask. Best money I ever spent, I also want the scales.
  • celticelff
    Options
    They have a new one! "Zip™ is also rain, splash, and sweat-proof"
  • violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I Just love mine too. It gives me something to aim for. I do have a bit of a roller coaster diet on/off focus/unfocused lifestyle, but I've been wearing my fitbit no matter what. I've had mine for about 4 months so far
  • craftykat12
    craftykat12 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    what do you think of the scales, I think I would like to have them.
  • Sherri425
    Options

It's a fancy pedometer.

Its WAY more than a Pedometer could ever dream of being! ;)
  • Sherri425
    Options
    I hope its the ONE you ordered. Thats awesome. Ive been married to mine since Aug 2011!

My advice, wear it where its supposed to be worn and it won't let you down. Mine has been perfect. I have the Ultra now but have never had to replace the classic or the ultra and Ive needed very very lil support. Its been the best device I purchased for a weight loss buddy.

Trust me you'll LOVE it!!
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I was just reding about FitBit. I think I may *need* one too! Let us know how you like it when you receive it and get a chance to use it.
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    My Fit makes me park in that parking space furthest from the door when I go shopping. :) It will make you challenge yourself constantly. I have actually climbed our stairs repeatedly to get my "floors" in for the day!
  • bviv89
    bviv89 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I JUST preordered my Lime Green Fitbit Zip! $70 on amazon, released next month.
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Mine is the Ultra, I just couldn't wait because I kept hearing so many good things about it. I will try not to wash it lol, no guarantees though. I'm sure I will have alot of questions when I get it. Its nice to know so many people really like theres.
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    i really like mine too...but was confusing at first as for how it registers calories burned. however, by experimenting...I have found, you don't log your exercise twice - you either let fitbit track your running or walking OR you don't wear it and you use your HRM to enter in your calories.

I let fitbit figure in my walking and running. I take it off obviously, for cycling and make a separate MFP entry for that.

also, when I've run known distances, my fitbit will calculate it sometimes up to .75 less than what I actually went. I don't care however, but some ppl might be anal about that.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I was ready to buy two (his and hers) and then they released the new models. Now I can't decide which ones I want.
  • TheTrimTim
    TheTrimTim Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit. I left it at home yesterday and had to go the whole day without it. I felt sad.
  • DeathKitty23
    DeathKitty23 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i was thinking about gettign one but they really are soo expensive lol
    x
  • HMToomey
    Options
    i really like mine too...but was confusing at first as for how it registers calories burned. however, by experimenting...I have found, you don't log your exercise twice - you either let fitbit track your running or walking OR you don't wear it and you use your HRM to enter in your calories.

I let fitbit figure in my walking and running. I take it off obviously, for cycling and make a separate MFP entry for that.

also, when I've run known distances, my fitbit will calculate it sometimes up to .75 less than what I actually went. I don't care however, but some ppl might be anal about that.

It will replace what you enter into MFP as a calorie burn if your HRM is what you like to use for this during a workout. I wear mine along with my HRM when I work out. I get the steps counted from the work out and the calories burned from my HRM. You can also calibrate your fitbit on a track if you really want to.
  • HMToomey
    Options
    I love my Fitbit. I left it at home yesterday and had to go the whole day without it. I felt sad.

That is sad! :sad: :cry: I'd be so lost without mine!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I was ready to buy two (his and hers) and then they released the new models. Now I can't decide which ones I want.

If I was ordering a new one today, I would get the One. It is sweatproof (I just killed my classic Fitbit with sweat and they are sending me an Ultra as a replacement for free), and it has a number of cool features. The Zip is a great basic model, but it doesn't allow you to create activity records for your actual exercise sessions and has more basic/limited functions. Honestly, I would not order an Ultra solely for the non-sweatproof thing unless you are not going to wear it during exercise. The One and the Ultra are the same price, so I would order the One.
  • aussiestargazer
    aussiestargazer Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love mine because it motivates to get out and do something when I see I have not hit the 10,000 step mark so as to achieve it - there are not a lot of steps around here but every chance I get I give them a go - never would have before.

Also, the sleep monitoring is awesome = no wonder I wake up tired as I wake up so many times!