kettlebells good for toning?

Options
I've managed a few kettlebell exercises and am just starting on 4kg weight.

As anyone had good results with Kettlebells?

I also wear a 6lb balance belt (to help me keep my balance sitting whilst using them) and have ankle and wrist weights on,

I have been trying to do it for 50 mins following a video but some exercises are adapted and ones I can't do I just repeat one I can so I'm keeping moving with them for the full 50 mins. It's the Kettlecise for Women 2 DVD.

It made me gain a lot of water weight from muscle repairing as I've never attempted anything like this before, which discouraged me and I stopped and took water pills to get all water back off. I reached goal weight today but my tummy is still too big and not in proportion to rest of weight lost everywhere else. I thought I'd be like size 10-12 again at same weight I was at University (actually lighter now).

If I try again and try and ignore the water weight going back on will they help me look more toned? Will the water weight eventually come off so I am still lighter (max weight 9st 7) but flatter stomach?

Replies

• Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Water pills?

Yes kettlebells work but results will be down to diet.

Master the kettlebell swing before you move on to anything else
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    We really need an alternative name for these kettlercise 'kettlebells'.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    We really need an alternative name for these kettlercise 'kettlebells'.

why?
  • Gloworm46
    Gloworm46 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I use kettlebells 4 days a week - never heard of them causing water gain. If you go to www.livefitrevolution.org you can find great kettlebell routines and also correct form instruction for all moves. Keep at it kettlebells are fun and will get you where you want to be!