HRM without a watch?

Options
I was wondering if anyone knows of any decent HRMs that either don't have a watch or can connect the watch to the strap itself.

I really want to start using one while I'm playing soccer, but most leagues don't allow any type of watches or jewelry while playing. I've seen referees even tell people to take off their power balance bands.

Replies

• JacquelineD35
    JacquelineD35 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I believe Jillian Michaels has one, I think you put it on your arm (bicep) and it counts your cals burned.
  • msafunk
    msafunk Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I can't do arm bands, either. I'd have to conceal it under my jersey. I also don't want anything with much bulk that could hurt me or my opponent if I go shoulder-to-shoulder or if I hit the ground or wall (I play arena soccer, and there are 3-foot walls around an 80' x 30' field)
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    The Polar FT4 has a watch and cheststrap, however, the watch does not have to be worn, it only has to be around the person wearing the strap. Therefore, if your shorts have a pocket, you can wear the strap and stick the watch, out of sight in your pocket and it will still work.

There are no HRMs (as far as I am aware) that would work without the watch.
  • mikes99mail
    mikes99mail Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    ive got a garmin watch where the watch detaches from the strap, then would fit in a shorts pocket. That might not work, but how about buying a real cheap HRM, cutting off the straps then zip-tying it inside your shorts or shirt?
  • rhonniema
    Options
    If you already have one with a watch, try hooking the watch around your bra strap?
  • msafunk
    msafunk Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    If you already have one with a watch, try hooking the watch around your bra strap?

I don't have one yet. But maybe I can look for one with removable straps so I can put it in the little pocket on the waistband of my compression shorts.